Brad Arthur is it time to go ?

Three spoons in 8 years is enough, how is he still here ?

No juniors coming through and his recruitment sucks.

How long can this go on for?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100% we did this in many games even when we were winning.

I remember games as early in the season the 2 that really stand out for me were Canberra and Manly games.On top for most of the games we didn't nail the moments and released pressure with poor decisions and errors.

• The thing I banged on about during the second half of the season were the comments coming from Joey about the halves not stepping up.

He was almost in tears at times because his charges WERE NOT doing anything he had been teaching them.

Some of his comments were very pointed at Bushy for the way they played - well infact, the way they DID NOT play and their inability to play "outside of the structure"

I think Moses has now proven conclusively he is NOT capable of managing any team during a game, he is a good support running halfback.  Brown has not got sufficient experince to run the team so someone else (Gutho?) has to fill in until either Brown comes of age or we find another half who can run the team. What we have is two running halves and no organiser - it is immpossible for a combination of two running halves to work successfully without someone else organising.

Mahoney too often got into the habit of simply handing the ball to a dumb forward to get smashed and the ball rarely went to either of our playmakers before the 4th or 5th tackle.

Early in the season the ball was getting to the playmakers early and to our wingers, well at least one of them.

Remember the revelation of the FOUR BLOCK bullshit around mid season?

• Oh Great Demented One - none are so blind as those who refuse to see.

Change should come from the top and here you are talking about bringing it up from where exactly?

If Bushy is NOT going to move, which I suspect (based on past history) is the major stumbling block, then you can bring in Jesus Christ himself and there will be NO salvation.

Identify the problem, ADMIT the problem exists, rectify the problem.

An exerpt from Wiki on Kidwell in reference to his demise as head coach for NZ, which imo is quite damming: A series of critical failures in team culture and management led to disappointing results and a mass exodus of players. 

But I still come back to where I see our major problem lies - at the top.

This is the reality Poppa, not hating.

• Oh Great Demented One - prey tell why did Bushy "push Moses back onto the park" when he knew he was injured. Field was doing ok for a young bloke.

I think at the time I referred to Bushy's treatment of Moeroa with his shoulder injury and how Tep NEVER was the same after that little episode.

This to me is the sign of a completely incompetent and uncaring coach with no concern for his players.

As has been stated by others, resting players is of benefit in the long run, but because Bushy MUST HAVE his regular team he will sacrifice them to appease his own insecurities of being forced to make changes.

That is not a sign of good player management, nor is it a sign of competent coaching.

Finals, Grand finals I can understand playing people who are busted. Cronk / Roosters is the best example here, however Moses is not anywhere near the same planet as Cronk so what was the point of further damaging his supposed (and I say this laughingly) game manager.

Bushy has a habit of making poor decisions on a very constant basis - so again I reiterate the problem is from the top.

You know it, everyone else knows it, and yet here you are attempting to cement the acceptance of mediocrity that the Eels are famed for.

The only coaching mystery at the Eels is WHY do we persist with a coach that cannot produce results when they count most?

Moses running the game and marshalling the troops has not been the problem for the past two years, do you think he just forgot how to do it!

Moses has NEVER in his entire career ever run a team. Brookes ran the Tigers and no one runs the Eels while expecting him (after how many games) to one day stand up to be counted. You are right about it not being a problem because he has never done it.

• Remember to Col Moses got hurt and had a 4 week break during the time the EEls lost there way.

When the team was going well I thought the halves worked quite well together.

The thing is if we are 2 keep these 2 halves for another season or 2 we have to live and die on what they are.

Not try and change them into something which they aren't it's why I believe we are running into issues with Moses.

I don't want Moses to not play his natural game.This is where an attacking coach mentor type like Johns comes into play.He needs to sit down on a weekly basis and keep Moses on track consistently looking at his weaknesses and being able to identify signs where he can feel the momentum changing in games.

• 25 try asists and here you are telling me I was not watching.

Are you Scotty's Botty in disguise?

Bushy is up to 4 spoons according to Botty.

SHEESH and they say I have no respect for facts when telling my tall stories.

Dyscalculia: What It Is and What To Do - Edublox Online Tutor |  Development, Reading, Writing, and Math Solutions

• Yes Tad - it wasn't broken so he jumped in to fix it.

Perhaps he relaised it would ruin his reputation as a Serial Non Achiever.

• This reply was deleted.
                  • Bang Bang  dont use that word please 

• Mick - My Oncologist tells me I won't be around in 2022, so I guess I won't be stressing about it all that much.

Then again, being the resident Silly Old Bastard (Grumpy Old Man and Mushroom) I think I might just tell the world to GGF'd and continue to annoy the shit out of everyone till 2027. lol

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
2 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
3 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
3 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
3 hours ago
More…