Bloke in a Bar

Do not normally like listening to Denan Kemp, though he talks quite responsibly and he is right in the feelings of Eels fans at the moment. I mean it has yet to be announced by Parramatta, Papali'i and Niukore were both announced as leaving by Parramatta, Mahoney not yet so unless he has agreed but not signed or the 10 day cooling off period has put into effect or there is another reason a backflip is slim but never know and let us hope so, but Kemp bring up excellent points into the thought process that does not make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC3t2D2ki9I

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Theres no cooling off period any more mate.

• I dont know why they havent announced it unless they realise their blunder and too embarrassed to admit it LOL, nah they are waiting for Canterbury to make it official which makes me think he has agreed and not signed he may do that on Friday.

• i think they have to run the contract past the nrl, maybe thats why theyre waiting.

• NRL has to agree to register it. Which could be an issue for the Dogs if their 2023 cap reports are accurate. They currently don't have enough if they sign Mahoney to fill their remaining roster spots.

• Imagine the position he'll be in should the NRL tell Canterbury no.  

• The only thing I'm holding out for is that, and the very very slim possibility this is only a verbal agreement and has been used by Ayoub to up Reed's price at Parramatta. Stranger things have happened in the NRL.

• Well Canterbury offloading Cotric is making room for that but he is on roughly 650K surely Canterbury would have to fork out some of that say 200k meaning they would have 900K for final 8 players. Now that'll be roughly 100k per player for final 8 spots but lets be fair unless they have some hidden gems or Barrett can develop nobodies over night it is going to be slim in the depth chart. The NRL may just allow that, but while it is going through and waiting for Cotric to go can Parramatta still talk to him to revise an offer? just more curious as to if that can happen or not.

If Canterbury are worried about cap i would happily though give them Mahoney now to avoid him being chasitsed by Eels fans for another player like Thompson or even Cotric.

• So LB dogs paid 650 for cotric which I expect is a juiced up amount to cover Reed? Yet they paid only 600k for the desperately needed reed and 550 for JAC everyone was chasing...argh yeah sure? Their must keepers price seem to be bargains? Their expendables stated amounts will be rising by the day I'm guessing ? Im raw!

• Plus Kikau who was reportedly after $880K.

• Letting go Cotric is not to cover Mahoney, it is to create more cap space for remaining roster spots which the NRL states is mandatory to fill with minimum wage of 80K, if Canterbury do not have room for the their top 30 imagine if they got massive injuries asking for exemptions all the time to cover their players as they have no money. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
1 hour ago
MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
6 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
7 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
7 hours ago
More…