BA milestone

After beating the Tigers on Sunday, Arthur now sits at 99 wins as an NRL and Eels coach, a win against Canterbury will give Arthur his 100th career win. Despite constant back and forth of loving him and hating him, I Myself been guilty of flip flopping between two beliefs of his coaching, there is not denying this is a massive achievement, considering over 50% of NRL coaches barely get to coach 100 games then get 100 wins.After coming to 2019 season with a 46% record he has led the Eels over the last two and half years to boost his percentage to 53%, again no matter what anyone thinks of him, this is a massive achievement and if on Sunday it is achieved then he should be congratulated.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
  • Well done BA. A testament to perseverance 

• Only taken 8 years.

Just imagine how many he can rack up if we resign him.

• To put this in perspective, only four other coaches have coached the Eels for more than 100 games:

Brian Smith, John Monie, Vic Hey and Terry Fearnley. 

Of that group, only Brian Smith passed 100 victories as coach. So one more win and BA becomes just the second coach in the club's history to pass 100 wins. He'll also become just the second Eels coach to pass 200 games when he gets to that mark at the end of the season.

• Nothing on the unwanted records that he also holds, Super?

• "Arthur also set an unwanted coaching record, becoming the first head coach in 112 seasons of the game to coach a side for seven consecutive years and fail to make at least one preliminary final"

• Plenty of clubs have failed to make the preliminary final for longer than that, and the worst clubs (like the Tigers) think the solution is sacking coaches. How has that worked out for them? I'm glad we have persisted with Arthur. As his win rate improves so will his finals win rate.

• Possibly in under 36 years. Here's hoping. We can't lose our hope. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"We do have Sam Tuivaiti who is a good kid. Only thing is he is stuck in Flegg still and not sure why he has not been put in NSW cup now. He is on a top 30 deal for 2025, so why not let him develop in Cup? I understand they may want Flegg to do…"
13 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"All good points but regardless of results, these are in all honesty moot points.....
They've just signed Lomax and BA still has a year to run on his current contract. Few things this club does not like are change and winning..."
19 minutes ago
Rise of an empire replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"We should of bought Schiller "
20 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst posted a discussion
GUTHERSON BLAIZES A TRAIL FOR TALAGI AT NO.1 Fatima Kdouh - in Darwin Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has anointed boom rookie Blaize Talagi as the long-term successor to Clint Gutherson at fullback.Talagi, the brightest prospect at the Eels, has…
28 minutes ago
More…