Eels Blogs

Australian International & Origin Player To Be Moved On Before June 30 Deadline?

<a href=www.5thtackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/panthers-1-637x397.jpg?resize=637%2C381&ssl=1" alt="" />

The Penrith Panthers are understood to be open for business before the June 30 deadline close and it is believed the Panthers are ready to deal former Origin Players Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

The 25-year-old’s stellar 2018 form earned him a debut in the NSW Origin team for game one at the MCG against Queensland, followed his Australian Test debut at last year’s Rugby League World Cup.

The Panthers decided they wanted to secure their star prop and did so successfully with Campbell-Gillard putting pen to paper on a mammoth five-year extension.

But just 12 months later and a poor start to his 2019 campaign sees the new powers to be at Penrith ready to off-load the power forward.

Image result for Reagan Campbell-Gillard

Campbell-Gillard admits it has been “a pretty shit year” so far, having also been overlooked for NSW despite an injury crisis in the front row.

It is believed that Penrith are willing to offload Campbell-Gillard to open up funds to secure Tyrone Peachey back from the Titans.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well if it's all true (i know the rumour around the time of the events involving Tim Mannah and the Tigers is all bullshit), BA, Evans & RCG will have a ball of a time indulging in sausage sizzles and spit the roast..... only joking. 

• Problem with rumours is they don't have to be true but can become true enough to beva risk

• his not going anywhere..

• Could be put our next Justin Poore! There’s something off at the panthers, Im not sure picking up too many of their players is a good thing. We saw what a shite attitude does for you last year.

• Brent Read on MMM today said that we have missed out in Lodge.  Thank goodness!  But he also said that we have a massive war chest and that we are going to make a massive play in the off season.  

Mid it doesn’t happen before the June 30 deadline then things could very well play out in the off season.

• Brent Read on MMM today said that we have missed out in Lodge.  Thank goodness!  But he also said that we have a massive war chest and that we are going to make a massive play in the off season.  

If it doesn’t happen before the June 30 deadline then things could very well play out in the off season.

• Yes please massive fan

• Highly doubt we could afford him this year but should still try and if not will be a good buy for next 

• Parra went all out on Blake and believe it or not paid close to full price on him. RCG won’t be coming this year that is.

• I don’t believe it. Reports the week before were parra wanted panthers paying 35-45%  first two years then 15-20 the last two I find it hard to believe we went from that much to near full price 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Social Blogs