Arthur puts Arthur on notice

Soward, in his weekly The Knock-On Effect NSW Cup preview “Short Side” on the NSWRL.com.au website, was glowing in his praise of Arthur’s skills – showing one of the halfback’s two tries in the 40-8 thumping over the Dragons in Round five last weekend.

“It’s their variation that I’m excited about. A silky pass from Arthur creates the space for (Jordan) Rankin, who puts the fullback (Sean Russel) straight through the middle,” Soward said.

Arthur is then one of three Eels players in support to finish off the move.

“For me that’s a classy play because everyone knows their role; does it at the right time at speed; and passes out the front of them for a great try to Jakob Arthur.”

Arthur’s figures for the match were nothing short of impressive: a line-break, two line-break assists, a try assist, four tackle-busts and he scored two tries himself.

“He had quite a game against the St George Illawarra Dragons … he is actually putting pressure on Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown,” Soward said.

“If (NRL coach) Brad Arthur thinks they can’t get the job done, or haven’t improved their attack in the next couple of weeks, I can see Jakob Arthur potentially forcing himself into that side – maybe coming off the bench – as a bit of a shot over the bow of the halves in the NRL team.

“Parramatta Eels are becoming a real force under coach Ryan Carr. They were impressive last weekend and have got forwards trying to put themselves into contention for first grade.

“They are slowly becoming favourites to win this competition and maybe challenge (ladder leaders) Penrith.”

The Eels, currently in fourth spot, take on the fifth-placed Raiders at GIO Stadium at 5.15pm on Saturday.

The Raiders lost to the Panthers 24-10 in round five so will be eager to get back in the winner’s circle.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thats you Daz, in a jar that a woman put the lid on.

We could make a tv series after you called 'I dream of Dazza''.

• Aw shucks, Snake, you just said you dream of me. While I'm flattered, we've discussed this before, and I'm busy. Um, washing my hair. 
                  How is your new dating app coming along? Have you taken the advice to add more than "MAN" to the profile?

• That's funny

• You forgot Erin Molan......lol

Not one of them are well known.

Youd have to do a very deep dive in google to find out who they actually are - probably come up on the 3rd page.

• Be careful Frank Women can hurt your pride and joy

dance GIF

• playing the ball and not the man?

• What page are you on, Frank? How long is a piece of string?

• Exactly correct. We need to accept the times we live in. Besides female broadcasters / commentators are not that bad. They for the most part know their content and they add glamour and flavour to the game.

• 1)Bridget Bardot 

2) Sophia Loren

3) Audrey Hepburn

4) Grace Kelly

5) Marilyn Monroe

I could have easily named another 5 way too easy.

• Snake's right, name even one.

I've offered up Allana Ferguson as one who can provide insight on occasion, but she's the exception.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Seth hardy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"0n ya Brad alls well, I notice he's  doing a fair bit of sniffling. Let's  hope he's not on the snort.   "
19 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Nos, I think it is the balance of the side, shape if you like. We really miss the "new" Carty he gives the pack a shape of penetration, likewise we obviously miss Moses for all the reasons we understand. We can at some point put a very competetive…"
31 minutes ago
The Badger replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Well ... that's all we need. Open mutiny.
It'll rip the band-aid off. First step, get rid of all Hillsong dopes."
48 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Sounds like we should be going short on nuts and long on vinegar!..... shit! another old bankers saying! 
I'm sure we can do better "
1 hour ago
More…