Areas We Need to Improve to Win

Starting to get a bit nervous, I've let myself believe we have a chance on Saturday. It's a big ask, 2nd v 6th and they are a very talented squad. They'll be pumped to try and make up for the loss against Souths.

I'm keen to know what others think are the key areas we need to improve on to beat the Panthers.

From my view:

* We have to be faster and get better control in the ruck. We can't afford to have defenders sitting next to the player playing the ball. Penrith play at top speed and we need to match them. Koroisau will punish any sloppiness in this area.

* We lose a bit in attack with Ray Stone. He needs to dart out of dummy half when we have them on the back foot. The defenders know exactly what he's going to do. As much as possible, he needs to keep them in two minds.

* Shut down Cleary. This guy rarely gets put under the pump for a whole game. I'd like to see someone in his face constantly putting pressure on him all game. We don't really put a lot of pressure on the opposition kicker, we can gain advantage by focussing on this a bit more.

* DB needs to have an influence. They have Luai who is a big part of their game and DB has to be able to counter-act him.

Of course we are going to have to be on top of our usual game with enthusiasm and ensure errors are kept to a minimum. Where do guys think we need to improve?

Go Parra

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hope we get fair bit of green from refs this time remember korosou 6 again bullshit 

• Doesnt matter we cant win, all the pundits ,experts, media, even NRL sites,shows ,columns, are saying we cant. Its a forgone conclusion.

I think we can, but I do know one team who doesnt want to face us, Melbourne. Thats enough incentive for me, Go Parra

• Just smash them boys.

• Just one thing- right edge defence. Right edge defence. 
    That's all! 

• So basically you are saying chase the collision and front load the effort?

• We need to be physical from the start. We were like that against them in round 25 and Souths did the same. We have to go after JFH and To'o. They are the two guys that drive their side's go forward. Souths limited JFH to 79 metres and To'o to 196m who averages close to 250. You do that, you limit Cleary's kicking game because he's constantly having to clear the ball rather than attack. Get physical with Luai, let him know he's in a game. He's been very quiet lately so you want to get into his head. Also, we have to get some contests on the ball when kicking to Dylan Edwards. He's got mistakes in him, and often when he starts poorly he doesn't respond.

Ray Stone does limit our attack a little but I feel with Junior and Nathan they provide that width. But I love Stone in defence. There's no easy ruck to win in the middle against us and that then feeds into our outside defence.

Most importantly though we need to play as a team and not panic. We need to build into the game and be prepared to win it at the death. This isn't going to be a blowout either way.

• Run harder and Tackle harder for the full 80 minutes. Simple game really

• ꏹꏹ꒒ꌚ 26 ꉣꁲꋊꋖꀤꏹꌚ 10

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Fiddy replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I think put him at wing. He gets 1st grade experience and then moves to fb. We did the same thing with Hayne"
8 minutes ago
Axel replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Sounds as though the club is trying to sign him long term and fullback may be the carrot"
8 minutes ago
HKF replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"If the future for talagi is at fullback then he needs to be playing fullback in reserve grade not sitting on the bench in first grade."
16 minutes ago
Nitram replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"Do we overrate our middles?
Spud Carroll just picked his nsw forwards and cant find room for either RCG or Paulo. I note he has no Jake Turbo (who always performs for NSW and is a great prop to pair with Hass) and he picked Nathan Brown on his…"
17 minutes ago
More…