Are we due a flogging?

I'm a Parra fan. Sure I'm pessimistic but the first sentence is explanation enough. I've looked at the form of us (e.g. struggled with the bulldogs) and the form of them (they like to score plenty of points), I've looked at the betting odds (we often struggle as favourites), and well, frankly, I'm seeing a flogging coming our way.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was there and remember seeing grown men crying in the stands.

• Haha fuck that one hurt.

Worst trip home too.

• That game is forever scarred in my memory. 

• No. BA has worked hard on getting those out of their game. He demands effort on effort each week. 
    That being said I didn't tip us this week. Based purely on the form we've shown this past month. If we turn up we beat the Sharks comfortably but I have no reason to expect that the boys will turn up. They haven't shown enough for about a month and if that continues the Sharks will roll them. 

• Agreed Muttman, though the form of the Sharks is a bit hard to judge. 
      In the last 6 weeks the Sharks put 40+ on Manly, Titans and Warriors, and 28 & 36 against Dragons and Broncos respectively, but a month ago had 50+ put on them by Penrith. Overall in that 6 weeks they conceded 148 points even if they scored 215.  Over the same period we only conceded 76 and scored 139. Moreover, where Sharks only played 1/6 against Top 8 teams, Eels played 3/6. 

Overall, frak, sharks have form against lesser opposition but were flogged in their only Top 8 game, while Eels won 2/3 of the Top 8 games but were scratchy on 2 of them (Raiders, Knights) and off their game in 1 (Manly). Probably need Nostradamus to pick apart "form" in all that!

• I think you're worrying too much about the past here. I don't think we're due for a flogging at all, I think we're due for a confident and good win. 

• We've struggled in putting an 80 minute effort together of late, but that's temporary.

One thing we've been flawless in this year - and continue to be - is our overall defense - best in the comp. I don't reckon a flogging is in our make up anymore.

We have conceeded the least points this year and the Sharks have scored the most - should be interesting :)

• Yep, I wonder if that means whichever team's strength breaks down will lose? Sharks' attack falters or our defense falters. Of course it will be a cracker of a game if their attack fires but our defense holds, as that would be an edge of the seat game 

• I doubt the eels will get flogged but BA does have 7 losing margin records which is a record for any coach, plus parra has always had at least one flogging under BA every year but he has fixed the defence this year to the point I can't see no team flogging parra. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I think the Eels peaked in 2022 and are on the downhill slide. If nothing changes we will be bottom 3 and another spoon in the near future.
 "
35 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I think the next 3 games will decide Brad's future at the Eels. His team know he is under pressure from the media and a poor performance from them will be his death knell."
45 minutes ago
"Wrong. Matt Arthur is playing in the 9 because he earned the right. Mett is a very smart player.
So is Hands and he should be the run on 9 in FG."
1 hour ago
"I agree with ya bud. Junior stated iam the 10 and will wear the 10. Starting or off the bench.
If Ethan is starting as the halfback then he is in the 7."
1 hour ago
More…