Are our Eels relentless enough to win it. l.

1.  In my years of watching footy the relentless teams with defensive intensity ,the continual roll of a wave in attack for the full 80 minutes are generally the overall winners of competitions. Week in week out it has to be produced. The grunt work  is necessary  to unleash the stars.  In your face defence for 80, zip and run from dummy half. Everybody backing up a half break. Our great Eels sides had it,  the Storm and Roosters have shown it the last 20 years . We have the players ,we have the coaching staff , do we have the desire to get it done.   

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep, and that... Wayne Bennett come to mind?

• Yeah but he had a way with words that made up for his other short comings ie passion.

• Bit unfair Tanky , he's one of the only coaches I reckon would coach for free if that were his only option.  Some may argue that's all his worth and I'm not here to debate his value. But questioning his passion is not kosher in my opinion. He took a massive paycut last contract and has never put himself in a position of playing games in the media. He'd be snapped up easily by close to 50% of the teams in the game if he wanted to go on the market. 

He's refusal to flag decisions and have a sook now and then also pisses me off , but I think that's more some stupid pride thing than lack of passion. He probably goes home and has a violent wank to vent his frustrations , or maybe belts one off before the pressers 

• This reply was deleted.
          • Haha violent wank - fuck had visions for second and had to slap my face to stop....

As for unfair, mate the guys been leeching off the club for years. He's been paid good money, great even for really no results as yet - semis and getting knocked out in 2nd week constitutes no result.

Snake was spot on with his assessment years ago - he's a leech and now his sons will join in.

• I agree w you frank omg 

• Yep and it shits me to tears.

Best presser was when we lost against the panthers - if he can bottle that and bring it out every now and then I'll change my mind, but until then, nup, may as well send in Mannah to do the pressers.

•  Fair enough point Frank, Sterlo and Pricey drove our great sides. Gibbo just oversaw it.The players win games the good coach picks the right players to achieve  that.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I am losing a little patience with Greig. I like him, but he has shown he is prone to injuries, wonder if that is due to size, and fitness problems. Greig is a talent and can be a great Prop in the game, but with the bench the way it is he may get…"
30 minutes ago
"He has played the last two weeks, how long does he need to get fitness? Plus at this stage of his development he shouldn't have to take a month to get match fit."
32 minutes ago
"Suaalii is going to Rugby or staying at Easts."
35 minutes ago
Strange-eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Suaalii is over rated.
 "
37 minutes ago
More…