Just OMG.  Nice scripted send off for the grub.   I call bullshit!  Totally lost faith in the NRL.   I don't support either team but would love to see a Royal Commission into the NRL.  Sorry, but the NRL stinks to high heaven and it needs to be well and truly investigated in every aspect. Fans of every Club deserve better than what we are currently being delivered,

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• the refs weren't good but didn't cost Penrith the game, Panthers were awarded a try they shouldn't have been and Melbourne had two players in the bin. 

I started out going for Penrith but by the end was pleased that Storm got up because of the help Panthers were given.

• I tend to agree with the comment ... men vs boys. And big game experience was clear for all to see.

BUT FMD ... it was hard listening to Cam refereeing the game and to top it off Gus - WTF biased commentary throughout the entire 80 mins  ... upper cut son !!!!

• Look I don't think the Panthers got the rub of the green early, but the truth is that they panicked and shat the bed when it got to 10-0. They moved away from what worked all year and started playing catch-up footy without having to.

They lost that game, Storm didn't win it. It wasn't the refs fault, yes some poor decisions early but they gifted the Storm the premiership with what was truly a Parra like performance, something that only eels fans can truly appreciate.

• I'm more concerned about ex players and referees in the box who don't know the rules.

Joey Johns and Phil Gould covered this last night in the first Penrith try to To'o.

I'd say that's an embarrassment to the game the bunker.You want to talk scripted and narrative laiden results go have a good look at some of the bunkers decisions this year.

Greenturd and co spent millions on this turd and seriously they get it wrong to often even at 18 frames per second to me that's the blight on the game more so than the refereeing.If anything watching this thing in slow motion is why the refereeing is why it is.

• Gould, whilst just a commentator, didn't know the outside shoulder interpretation regarding decoy runners. How he could not know the rule blows my mind. Isn't he supposed to be one of the greats minds in rugby league!?! He demonstrated this lack of footy knowledge on Penrith's no try in the first half. Crazy stuff.

• They were commenting himself and Johns on the guy in the box making the wrong decision.

• On panthers actual try I agree Gould disagreed with the decision. But I was talking about was the panthers no try decision in the first half when the decoy stuffed up his line and took the outside shoulder and Gould seemingly didn't know that rule.

• The game was designed to have  a Storm victory with CC to Cam Smith and retirement. This didn't happen so I read his running around  again. Can't someone give him a CC medal? Off side whole game and pushing boundaries doesnt  help make a great GF. 

• It was the most boring Grand Final since 1908. Lets hope the next few years dont have the Storm or Roosters anywhere near the 8.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nitram replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"We gave up. Our marker defence in particular was the worst I have ever seen in a 30 min period in the nrl. Literally the worst in the history of the sport. Sure line speed and one on one tackles were poor that's happened plenty of times in NRL…"
2 minutes ago
Muttman replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"I just watched the presser. BA blamed the players. Said they're a part time footy team, only a handful of guys turn up each week, others decide which games they'll turn up for which they won't. Said they take the soft options instead of the tough…"
2 minutes ago
Will 5150 replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Sean Russell
"Bingo... he's a Rhino. We suffer a coach who doesn't base decisions on merit."
3 minutes ago
Angry Eel replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Bennett for coach 2025
"It's time for a clean out. Sarantinos is the 1st to go, then MON, then BA, then Matto, Russell, Sivo, Cini, Dunster and all the other turtle outside backs we've got.
And fuck the NRL for scheduling 3 Queensland teams against us up there. It's…"
3 minutes ago
More…