COACHING SPECULATION

“There’s a theory that the Eels’ Premiership window will be well and truly closed if they don’t get the job done this year, and Brad Arthur’s head could be on the chopping block if they don’t at least make a Prelim. Some have even suggested Arthur needs to make a Grand Final to keep his job.”
- Western Weekender / The Masked Panther

The Western Weekender is peddling a rumour that Panther’s assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo is being entertained as Parramatta’s next head coach, should we fail to finish in the top 4 this year.

Young, talented and well liked by his players, the Tigers and Sharks tried, but could not secure Ciraldo.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why does Mr Ciraldo have such a good rap as a coach? Has he coached junior or lower grade sides to success? 
    I have no idea, not implying he is not good, I just wonder why he has the reputation. How influential is he with the Panthers? Clearly they are far and away the best team for a couple of seasons, is that Mostly Ivan or is Ciraldo a loud voice in this? 

• totally agree

• Barrett was the same, now look at him

• It is the current rage now to look for the next big thing in coaches. Few teams want to go with retreads anymore unless they can get their hands on Bennett, Bellamy or Robinson. I'd have the Tigers or Dogs would be bashing down Shane Flanagan's door. 

• Benny Elais reckons that Flannagan would be the best coach for the Tigers but doesn't seem they're looking at him. 

• its been made fashinable in the NFL.  Sean McVay, Nick Sirianni etc.. 

• Exactly what I was thinking MyBob.

• I asked this the other day but nobody answered. Why is Ciraldo any better than say Kearney or Barrett ? There's a huge gap between being an assistant and being a head coach.  

• Yep got me stuffed. Nothing I've seen from Ciraldo impresses me.

• It's quite obvious the best teams have the best coaches. I wouldn't wish BA or his sons on the Tigers please. I think both Payten or Cleary would coach there again except both have moved on. Payten perhaps one day again if planets align. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"The thing about this game that is curious and worrying to me is are Wests the real deal or was last week just a mood. I tipped Wests to beat Cronulla last week for a few reasons. 1) Was not convinced on Cronulla's past 2 performances where they were…"
9 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Sivo is back this round.
Lomax doesn't want to play wing at the Dragons so I doubt he would come here to play the same position.
He would replace Harper.
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Lomax
4. Penisini 
5. Russell 
That would be the best backline we have had…"
10 minutes ago
Bup replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Lomax is nearly the perfect player Parra need to aquire.
The story's about his attitude and immaturity are prevalent and he's in a environment he doesn't want to be in .
The value here is you can get yourself a footballer for under market value due…"
25 minutes ago
Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
48 minutes ago
More…