Angus Crichton

Just reading that Angus is taking a pay cut to remain at the Roosters.This is now the third time in the last few months that I have read this regarding Roosters players,firstly Teddy,,then Keary now Angus. The fact that they even have to keep feeding us this BS story every time they sign or re sign someone just makes it harder to believe. These guys are throwing away 200k per year to stay loyal to a club that is not even their junior club,yeah right? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The NSWRL draft was an internal draft, whereby players who were off contract with their current clubs and wanted to leave got recycled through the draft, basically the same as the AFL's preseason draft. Terry Hill challenged it because when he wanted to go to play for Wests under Warren Ryan, but Jack Gibson as coach of Easts had the first pick and took Hill against his wishes.

I am proposing a rookie draft, or an external or entry draft, whereby players who have never had an NRL contract enter the league. Are you telling me that Clint Gutherson or James Tedesco or any other current player is going to object to a draft system that will never affect them ?

As far as "forcing" players to move interstate, the AFL don't seem to have any problems with it. Oh sure, you'll get some players who get homesick, and there will be ways for teams to get compensated for that sort of situation, but the reality is that this is the only viable way to improve parity.

• Brett the AFL is played in a few more states  and has more depth in those staes with AFL being played broadly i see that. But the internal draft as you said was taken to the high court and was proven to be a restraint of trade, and I feel it would occur again. Thats my view bud; our game is played in NSW, QLD with one team in Vic (token team) and one in ACT and NZ. Most of our junior guys are from NSW. QLD and NZ hand picked. 

I get your point, and know you have mentioned it previously. I again cannot see the NRL managing it correctly let alone bringing it in. I see the merits but for me, cannot see it occurring. Why would you not put a cap on junior reps?

It would also add some costs for those players in terms of accommodation etc. no doubt at a time when junior reps is being cut in a few clubs.

Gutho probably would not care as it does not affect him, but guys like Joseph Suali type guys may if forced to go to elsehwhere.

• But they do play a lot of golf don't they?

Old Broncos trick from way back.

Of course you may remember we were not allowed to sign Izzy for UNDERS but every other club can please themselves.

NAH Eggy, I really don't think there is anything to see here. *cough*splutter*

• Hector and WMB I didn't say anything about the lad coming to Eels, only that I wish he would for Jennings. I mistakenly didn't write it that way but it's what I meant, sorry for confusion.

But faaark he is a beast

• No problems Marty as we say what a beast

• James Roberts and suli being shopped around by Souths.

• And when they retire, they sit in the Matty Johns couch joking & laughing about the paper bags. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Offside replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Sean Russell
"Hes ok but nothing special that's the problem 
Him Harper Simmo all squad players but due to our depth squad management they are 1st choice with us"
1 minute ago
Big D replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Sean Russell
"Pathetic, like the rest of these braindead fuckers. Absolutely dominating and just like clockwork welcome the opposition right back into the game. Deadset can't make this shit up."
1 minute ago
Bup replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Your winger and fullbacks job is to count numbers in defence, Gutho talks our wingers keep their mouths shut."
2 minutes ago
Snottie Pimpin replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Sean Russell
"He's a Ron Massey cup winger playing NRL through a rails run development "
2 minutes ago
More…