Angus Crichton

Just reading that Angus is taking a pay cut to remain at the Roosters.This is now the third time in the last few months that I have read this regarding Roosters players,firstly Teddy,,then Keary now Angus. The fact that they even have to keep feeding us this BS story every time they sign or re sign someone just makes it harder to believe. These guys are throwing away 200k per year to stay loyal to a club that is not even their junior club,yeah right? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And screw over the serial cap cheats - I reckon it is a great idea.

• This reply was deleted.
                • Us Redcliffe Rednecks got to stick together mate.

Next time you see Justin tell him C2 says G'day.

• Colts, BRL Redcliffe manager, or was prior to Covid.

See, I do know who you are.

I am watching you. lol

• Justin Gooderham, teaches Marine Biology at Southern Cross(?).

From memory Coached Colts and was BRL manager (not BRL coach) Covid screwed eveything.

We were both in Redcliffe Coast Guard around the same time a few years ago - different crews though.

I am actually BFF with his Uncle who has the same name as me so hence we are known as C1 and C2 to many on the peninsula. Justin is more an aquaintance really as I am closer mates with his parents.

Hehe, just playing with your head mate, but would still like to catch up for a drink whenever, I think I could get to like you - and argue like shit better than I do with Poppa.

• They don't have to go through with the offer. 

• Didn't Kevin Kingston have issues signing for less at the Eels? 

• No, the issue with Kevin Kingston was that his incentives from 2009 didn't fit under our 2010 cap.

• I guess I meant there is no loyalty from them to leave their junior clubs in the first place but then time for a new contract and hey they are loyal as Fuck, signing for less to stay.Great winning culture ,hot rich city girls,I get it but if the NRL wants the comp to survive and all team's to get a crack then this sort of shit needs to stop.JWH is another example, offered big dollars elsewhere twice and takes less to stay.Teddy may be bucking the trend who knows but it was reported a couple of months ago that he would take less as well.Maybe jealous yeah,but it's as good as cheating imo .

• He's not being loyal, he's being smart. Yes he is taking a pay cut to stay at the Roosters, but he knows that for as long as he is with the Roosters he'll be part of a winning team.

Remember, there are three reasons why players choose to play for the team they do.

1) Money

2) Success

3) Opportunity

The real issue is talent distribution, and as I have said a thousand times, that's not the job of the salary cap, despite what the powers that be will tell you. If you want true distribution of talent, then the NRL needs to adopt a rookie draft, restricted free agency & a soft cap.

Then you will see the best young talent being distributed based on need, rather than on cap position. You'll also see tighter control on player movement because of RFA, whilst teams won't be punished for success via a soft cap.

• You can only have a rookie draft if they agree to it; as you know Brett the draft was unfortunately challenged yrs ago; and yes it has some merit but forcing players to move interstate etc. can be difficult to implement. If the NRL cannot handle referees, TPA's, player managers and club interference, current salary cap, judiciary inequities then I fail to see them being able to handle a rookie draft.

By restricting where players play you are reducing the impact of junior clubs to develop their own. This is their job i.e. Matts / Ball / Flegg etc. and former country cup / Johns / Daley cups. Its up to clubs to catch and keep their own in my view. The NRL cannot competently do much.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Flow Basket replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"I don't think we can make the 8"
14 minutes ago
Flow Basket replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"Yes"
23 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"I'll never leave.I don't care how bad we are going I'll always back an under dog no matter what.Staying hard has its testing times and this is just another one of many along the journey.My NFL team has never won the SB and lost a game that seemed…"
4 hours ago
Hell On Eels’s discussion was featured

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
7 hours ago
More…