Adam Reynolds at Halfback?

Seeing the article in the DT today, it's Interesting that the Bunnies have given him such a poor contract extension...
While I'll admit he's not outstanding, you can't deny he has been a pretty important and reliable feature in their success in the last couple of years. I think he deserves a bit more respect than what the Bunnies are showing here and we could potentially benefit from it. Yes injury is somewhat of a concern, but looking at the stats, it's nothing too different than what most players deal with year to year.

How could it work?

• Adam Reynolds at Halfback
  • Moses to 5/8
  • Dylan Brown to left centre

Dylan Brown is definitely our long-term 5/8 option (potential captain too), but I think this just stabilises the team a little better across the park and fixes our centre issues. Thoughts?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
          • We are an offloading team, we lead the league in offloads by the length of the straight, we had 4 of the top ten offliaders, (Junior, Lane, Matto & N.Brown). Where we let ourselves down in the 2nd half of the season was that Mitch & Dylan stopped pushing up in support. They don't have to be the key creative playmakers in our team, not when we have so many playmakers in our forwards. Mitch, Dylan & Reed need to follow Gutho's lead and push up in support a lot more. The points will follow from there

• Let's see what DB offers this season. His kicking game has been absolutely shit, he lacks vision, he certainly did not take the line on much last season. I doubt DB knows how to read a game and he lacks confidence to lead. Awesome defender, good speed, I also think he would be better in the centre or lock. This is MY OPINION, time will tell. Actually I think Will Smith is a better number 6.

• Graham your opinion is so wrong it isn't funny.

"He certainly did not take the line on much last season" You mean apart from him averaging 116 running metres per game?

"His kicking game has been absolutely shit" He forced 11 drop outs last season.

You can have your opinion, but it's deadset wrong. 

• Didn,t miss a game in 2020, generaly watched Eels games twice,  I know Dylan Brown is young and lacks experience, but his NRL stats say he is going backwards.

• go have a look at NRL stats 2020, didn,t make top 25 in any stat, Corey Noeman and Jamal Forgety above him in most stats. all players juged equaly. In 2019 rated 7th in comp, 2020 rated 10th, stats headin in the wrong direction. As ststed maybe Joey can improve him.

• Super, NRL stats agree with me. Corey Norman had 15, wow he also must be a champion.

• Keep hammering your point in Graham,thats it Buddy,sooner or later someone may actually agree with you.I seriously doubt it ,but you never know, there are some special breeds on this site lately. 

• I couldn't agree with any of your observations regarding DB Graham.

• It's a bit harsh to hammer Brown given the fact he is only 21 but in saying thst their is nothing remarkable about him but  he has potential 

Graham perhaps you should reserve your criticism for Mitch Moses who at 26 has failed to perform in big games and crumbles under pressure .

• The side has had no problem scoring points in big games. If the side is scoring points you can't say the halves aren't doing their job.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
1 hour ago
MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
7 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
8 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
8 hours ago
More…