In my 23 years as a eels member I have witnessed many many things at the eels , I've seen some of the biggest dipshits to ever breath run the club into the ground and I've seen some of best people who put their heart , soul and money into the club . 

One thing I have never witnessed is a man as persistent in ensuring the eels were put on the right path as Phil Sim . For close to 10 years Phil has stuck to his guns and did all he could to see certain things put in place  , a lesser man would of given up after a couple of years but clearly Phil has some special bloodlines to of persisted for as long as he did. Philip and the Fong have clashed on many occasions and butted heads (good times) and no doubt we will  do so in the future but it takes a special person to persist for so long in something they believe in.   

Go Phil and be proud of yourself . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well said, Frankie. Good blog. Here, Here.

Thanks Phil. For your great work and for setting up this site, not without its challenges & regular tides of complaints.

The reforms are a great thing to have happened and I'm sure Phil will also freely admit there were many who enabled that victory. Great souls such as Muttman, BM and TB amongst others who put in so much work behind the scenes.

Phil's also blessed not just with unnatural IQ & a soundly balanced mind, but those piercing blue eyes to match the curls that some woman have got jelly legged over. Lol.

• Well said Frankie and well done Phil.

It's was you and this site phil that inspired me to become a leagues club member so i could have a say in how it was run, i never put a single thought into how the club was run until i joined this site in 2008 and you opened my eyes to the politics of the club. There has been times when i wished i stayed oblivious to it all but today i am glad i stuck with it.

• I agree. Whilst I'm sometimes not a huge fan of the moderation on here, Phil has certainly come through with his persistence on what direction the club should be heading.

Congrats Phillip 

• Great plug Fong and well done Phil. Things seem to be on the rise. Love it

• Well done Phil, Mutt and all involved.

• Great blog Frankie.

I'm guessing the part you played Phil will never be truly understood or acknowledged, however, the club we all love is now on course to success.

• And so say all of us! Well said Mr Fong

• As i have said many times the eels along with the game itself mean very little to me these days but their are many who the eels mean everything to and Phil is one such person. 

Phil has had to endure a lot of crap over the past 9 years in his bid to see the club placed on the right path and it can't of been easy being the lone voice at AGMs with half the room against him and I can only imagine the slander he was a victim of by certain people at those AGMs . Phil had a lot of people against him over the years and I'm not  talking about shit kickers but some very powerful and well connected people and he succeeded .

• Wow. I don't know what to say. Thank you, Fong and everyone else for your kind words. I can say that it's only been because of this site that myself and others have had a platform to say anything and this site is about all of you guys - the community that keeps it going.

I had an interesting observation the other day. A guy I know from junior footy, who I'd class as someone who knows quite alot about Rugby League, and he's an Eels fan, and we got talking about Parra - and I just walked away shaking my head at how little he understood about the club and its dynamics. The shared knowledge and wisdom on here makes for such an educated collection of supporters, and for a membership-based organisation having people who won't just swallow whatever is fed to them by either the club or the mainstream media is so important. 

But gee, things must be going well, I haven't seen this much positivity around the place for eons!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Nitram's discussion A look back at Darwin
"I would not have known but someone pointed out that our record was pretty good for the game the following week.....i.e. for all the positives I think the game is worthwhile. with the clincher being the sponsorship.....I am not sure if it is widely…"
38 minutes ago
BEM replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"A fit and firing Sivo is miles ahead of any other winger we have at the club.
 Let's hope he gets back ro his damaging best."
46 minutes ago
Angry Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Bang on Al"
1 hour ago
Angry Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Totally agree with you here Grunta but I'm not sure how much of that is on BA? As other people have mentioned other clubs have talented and fast outside backs coming out of their arse and look at what BA has to work with. In the last 20 years I can…"
1 hour ago
More…