Replies

• Nah their line speed was either the best this year of any team or they were offside a lot. Hard to tell on tv. It's hard to find much more in attack in such circumstances.

• It was almost unbelievable linespeed. They didn't get pinged for it though, so maybe it was just a phenomenal effort.

When we were beaten by the Saints in the same way they were offside all game though.

• Josh Hodgson must be faster than Damian Cook if he was onside. He was meeting our guys virtually at the ruck.

• Great point Nitram! They kept that line speed up all night as well. The ref last night (gee) allows them to move up a lot quicker n the play the ball than others. That said it went both ways from what I saw

• I think criticism of the coach is warranted here - we should have gone for a few early spreads or run in pairs

but our lack of cohesion is the reason we lost and we can only hope it returns with Moses return 

• As Gus said during the Panthers game.. we play too conservative coming out of our own end where theres oppotunities to spread a little more... and we play too expansive in the opposition 20 where we should be powering throgh the middle more. He's 100% right and it doesn't take the highest of footy IQ's to work that out. BA cant work it out though. It's all abbout 80 mins of chasing collisons and front loading our effort.

• But a good team would find a way to counter it. 

• Chase the collision and no mistakes wins you a few but not enough in the long run.

• All 6 agains were for ruck infringements. Nothing for offisde. So eels should fo taken some advatange like raiders did. 

• When you think of our foward going one out. RCG, Brown, Matto, Papali'i and Niukore get smashed. Only massive bodies like Paulo and Kaufusi can cause a little dent. So not only is this one out BS stupid, but we dont have the best players for it. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"I'll never leave.I don't care how bad we are going I'll always back an under dog no matter what.Staying hard has its testing times and this is just another one of many along the journey.My NFL team has never won the SB and lost a game that seemed…"
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels’s discussion was featured

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
5 hours ago
Hell On Eels posted a discussion

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
5 hours ago
EA replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Sanders defence in the halves is actually better than Hands. NSW Cup stats would back this statement up as well. Hands is actually a poor defender in the halves. He is barely cup quality in cup. Hands is an out and out hooker in my opnion."
5 hours ago
More…