4 from 4 but far from perfect.

33 missed tackles

Taka left on bench.. Bludged the whole game What an absolute waste of a jumper and interchange. Forcing others to work harder

Dumb mistakes

We are yet to reach the level of the Roosters, yet still winning.

There you go Frankie we beat a genuine contender whilst playing shit. I await your report.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He played 62 minutes all up, 50 in his first shift, 12 in his second shift. He has an enormous motor for such a big man. He's one of those guys who gets better the more minutes he plays, he gets his second wind and he finds his tempo and he just goes. He's playing bigger minutes this season than even last season, but that seems to be a trend across the league.

Coaches are playing their starters for much longer shifts and saving their interchanges for later in the game as much as possible. Most teams will have one or two key rotation bench players, in our case it has been Kane Evans & Peni Terepo, and the other two players are almost de facto fresh subs.

• We were definitely the better side and the stats back it up. We were all over them for at least 60mins, let's hope BA rams home that fact and makes them understand that we play for 80 not 60...

Where we went wrong at the end was that field goal by Moses (negative play) and not continuing with the pressure. If we get a drop out on the end of that okay or force them to ruck it out then it's game over.

Im all for field goals when the games on the line with a few mins to go but not with 8 and giving the opposition a chance at a short kick off and potential 6 tackles on the end of it. That decision by Moses almost cost us this game.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Yes very true Poppa . As soon as our lead reduced to 6 points I prayed for a field goal and yelled out " Go for the field goal Parra . Make them score twice !!! " . And when Moses heard me  and kicked it in the air and the ball hit a post but went through for a goal I screamed out with joy " Halelula " . The rest is history lol . 

• Tell you whos mistakes are starting to become common place, thats Fergo.

Its not through a lack of effort, just needs to be a bit more present in the moment.

• Very true Snake Fergo and Gutho both have a bit Paul Carriage in them , when the pressure is on they can make some stupid mistake and decisions. 

Check your instant messages 

• Far from being impressive especialy in second half we played some realy dumb football we had the eagles under control in the first half but in the second we made way too many errors both defencively and attack.

I'm happy with the win but still waiting to see a fully polished game from them.  

• Fellas i think were travlin ok. If we can turn our first 60 into 80 we will be a hard side to beat. Yep Fergo is a bit down at the moment, and Gutho had an average game, two ordinary passes and a dumb chip on the third. BA will sort that.

DB had a good defensive game, i wanna see him run more.

I think as a team we are goin well and yes a little polish from the coaching team will give us that 10% improvement. 

• We played ok, that drop ball try by Walker & the no try to us didn’t help us, but it certainly helped Manly claw their way back into the game. If Manly had that last try allowed I’m sure the papers would be carrying on about Walker’s separation from the ball try. Both teams played well, but we were clearly the better side. 

• I think the 18 2 scoreline caught a few fans by surprise. Eels were never going to run away with this game. Rember Manly are a well coached side. The thing i liked is Manly did not bully there way back into the game. The Eels made some crucial errors and Manly made them pay. Errors which the coaching team can fix.

Overall for 62 minutes of the game i think we realy dominated the game.

Iam now looking forward to when we play the Chooks, because we will be hard to beat. 

My main worry is Waqua Blake up against Manu, Blake dose tend to try the big shot instead of just stopping the man.

Still think we will give the chooks are real go.

• So funny, the Fox Panel say players make coaches. Hmmm not that long ago we had the vicious bunch here hammering Arthur. But how is Bennett going without his stars? Here another Paul Green without Thurston? Lol McGuire with the Tigers faithful... but they are all winning coaches, correct but most walked into super rosters & now are struggling. Bellamy will soon fall from grace once Smith retires, Robinson will be the same, they all struggle without champion players. I don’t think we have the best fullback or the best dummy half solid yes, I hope they both step up. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB posted a discussion
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2024/04/25/coachs-media-round-8/What a master, saying a long time since he's seen them play like that. It was a long time, try two weeks prior against Canberra. Saying it is one loss, try 2 out of 3 games putting up…
2 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I think the Eels peaked in 2022 and are on the downhill slide. If nothing changes we will be bottom 3 and another spoon in the near future.
 "
44 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I think the next 3 games will decide Brad's future at the Eels. His team know he is under pressure from the media and a poor performance from them will be his death knell."
54 minutes ago
"Wrong. Matt Arthur is playing in the 9 because he earned the right. Mett is a very smart player.
So is Hands and he should be the run on 9 in FG."
1 hour ago
More…