4 from 4 but far from perfect.

33 missed tackles

Taka left on bench.. Bludged the whole game What an absolute waste of a jumper and interchange. Forcing others to work harder

Dumb mistakes

We are yet to reach the level of the Roosters, yet still winning.

There you go Frankie we beat a genuine contender whilst playing shit. I await your report.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can't agree Monts. I thought we were really good. I really liked our line speed and energy in defence especially. 
      We almost lost it because we went away from what was working and made some dumb decisions, poor ends to sets, poor kicks etc rather than handing it back to Manly on their own line consistently. If we just played no nonsense, percentage based footy for the last 20 minutes we win that easily. BA won't be happy with that at all. It's the thing he's spoken about consistently this year. 

• Mutts do you reckon we shut up shop to early?

It kinda reminded me of the2017  GF and how the Cows rolled back into the game because the Broncs stopped attacking aNd just played field position and backed there defense.

I understand the % game but I still like us to play more footy in that circumstance.

• Yeah, I think we did, we got into trying to preserve our lead rather extending it.

• Actually no I don't. 
          What I've seen from the 2020 Eels is patience that I've not seen previously. They know they need to earn the right to attack, even if it takes 70 minutes. Field position, possession, line speed are the foundations and for 50 minutes or so yesterday we were very clearly the better side. 
          Our problem wasn't trying to protect the lead it was going away from what got us the lead in the first place. 
          Lazy mistakes, crazy passes, poor kicks at end of sets, chip kicks in mid field etc. 

We had Manly swaying but instead of working away and waiting for the opportunity to deliver a knock out blow we started dropping our guard, using poor technique, (and other boxing analogies). 
          If we stuck to the basics as we did in the first half we win that game by 20 points. It's a big lesson and I hope the team learnt it. 

• I think we've shown patience aswell.

Im liking that a lot building games.

Cut the mistakes down like you say and we'll win a lot more than we'll lose and this will count in the big games against better opponents.

• One of my points made without actually saying it. Thanks Months. Poppa and Frankie have 0 knowledge.

• Fancy a security guard talking about knowledge ? Chuck so some pride !! 

• I grow tired

Nite 💤 darling 💋

• This reply was deleted.
      • Lot's.

I will enjoy the ride. But will always wait till granfinal day and we are in it. Winning

We are getting There.

• Couple of thoughts - Junior Paulo played huge minutes. Can someone confirm, was it 60-70 mins. He played well but just wondered if he can keep that up every week and why such long minutes. 
    Secondly I think the interchange was good and our forwards matched them or got over them until the end. It was actually on the edges they began to cause damage in the last 20. However I think fresh legs in the last 20 are important and will be important going forward. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bup replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Lomax is nearly the perfect player Parra need to aquire.
The story's about his attitude and immaturity are prevalent and he's in a environment he doesn't want to be in .
The value here is you can get yourself a footballer for under market value due…"
1 minute ago
Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
25 minutes ago
Jake replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Could it be Maika to make way for Lomax.
Round 4 deadline. Maika suspended until round 4. Hmmm"
27 minutes ago
Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
33 minutes ago
More…