3 New Signings

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the signings of three new players who will commence training in the 2021 pre-season.

Centre Tom Opacic has agreed to a one year deal with the Eels.

Tom made his NRL debut in 2016 for the Brisbane Broncos and has spent the past two seasons playing for the North Queensland Cowboys in his 43 NRL game career. 

Isaiah Papali’i has agreed to a two year deal, after playing 59 NRL games for the Warriors since 2017.

He has also represented New Zealand and Samoa.

Hooker Joey Lussick has also agreed to a one year deal after spending time in the Eels pathways in 2014 and 2015.

He went on to make his NRL debut for Manly in 2017 and has spent the last three seasons in the UK Super League playing for Salford.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “We are excited to welcome Tom, Isaiah and Joey and I have no doubt that these three men will be a great cultural fit with our Club.”

“All players will add class, depth and balance to our overall squad and they will be relocating from their current destinations in readiness for the 2021 pre-season,” O’Neill said.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Papalil May have been DUI ,haven't we all been guilty of something silly that we did in our early twenties,I wouldn't hold that against him.

• Very hard to gauge how good these signing are as we don't know how much was spent assuming lussick was min wage opacic and pappalii having first grade experience doubt they came at minimum  all depends on what we spent and how much is left both could make outside both  could be liabilities defensively... still need a game breaking fullback gutho is great at support play etc and has a bit of ball playing ability but we need a real speedster to turn nothing's into something gutho need a to be either 5/8 or centre where he can still support play and create opportunities, I'd be chasing Charlie stains at th with jenkos  money ad a few first grade games great  showing  and jenkos 350-400k I believe he was getting should be enough to get him 

• Staines has already re-signed with the Panthers, Caleb Aekins has signed with the Raiders so Staines becomes their backup Fullback.

• I'd love us to get Brandon Smith. Bloke is a weapon

• I Dream Of Genie GIFs | Tenor

• Yep I'd like Brandon Smith too plus someone with COMPOSURE to steer the team around ..... It doesn't have to be a half, Steve Edge came from a successful Dragons to lead us to the 81 Grand final . For as long as I have been a supporter we haven't  had too many  recruits from other clubs that gave a ratz except for money..  Gutho currently and Steve Edge back in the 80's are certainly exceptions !

• A raid on some of the Panther's players after Nov 1 seems like a pretty good idea?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hugo replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"My thoughts exactly. "
16 minutes ago
christeel replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"eels  28 over the  fins 8.  ... m o m  Dylan brown... "
16 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"Never invested in top line talent ?  Obviously Mike Wood has never read this site .  We have the top 3 player in the NRL in almost every position .  There were  two clubs circling for Brown , Paulo , Matto and Moses , and we were just lucky nobody…"
29 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I can see that he's got plenty of raw talent but the way the club is carrying on, anyone would think he's the next coming of Jarryd Hayne.
He needs to cool his heels and develop his game in reserves and then BA can promote him. Until then he's…"
42 minutes ago
More…