3 New Signings

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the signings of three new players who will commence training in the 2021 pre-season.

Centre Tom Opacic has agreed to a one year deal with the Eels.

Tom made his NRL debut in 2016 for the Brisbane Broncos and has spent the past two seasons playing for the North Queensland Cowboys in his 43 NRL game career. 

Isaiah Papali’i has agreed to a two year deal, after playing 59 NRL games for the Warriors since 2017.

He has also represented New Zealand and Samoa.

Hooker Joey Lussick has also agreed to a one year deal after spending time in the Eels pathways in 2014 and 2015.

He went on to make his NRL debut for Manly in 2017 and has spent the last three seasons in the UK Super League playing for Salford.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “We are excited to welcome Tom, Isaiah and Joey and I have no doubt that these three men will be a great cultural fit with our Club.”

“All players will add class, depth and balance to our overall squad and they will be relocating from their current destinations in readiness for the 2021 pre-season,” O’Neill said.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not worth posting no advantage for starters and it's all old news anyway

• I dont like it

• So eels get rid of 11 players and this is what they replace them with? , how are these players any better than what the club let go?  

• Young, energetic and teachable.

• So you'd rather keep Peni and Taka?

• Good question. I cant comment as I dont know much about these new signings.

• 100% agree with you on this one Frankie. In no way shape or form do these 3 players improve the squad we had, so what's the point here?

I'm hoping it gets better than this.

• really like papa he should go well

• Wow!!

Bushy has been working over time.

Moneyball is back baby!!

You'd hope they aren't as good as it gets on the signing front, otherwise I can see us going backwards next year.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Lol we could sign 3 homeless people and you would still pull flicking your bean and singing Bea Arthur's praises.

We've signed a bloke we already let go and has been slumming it in Super League, Opacic who showed some early promise but is injury prone and couldn't crack a woeful Cows side last year.

The only signing that remotely looks decent is Papali’i, he's a decent solid player and a chance to crack our top 17.  But I say again if this is as good as it gets on the signings front we will go backwards next season.  Especially with a coach who is only interested in effort and completion rates.  

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
3 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
3 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
4 hours ago
More…