3 New Signings

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the signings of three new players who will commence training in the 2021 pre-season.

Centre Tom Opacic has agreed to a one year deal with the Eels.

Tom made his NRL debut in 2016 for the Brisbane Broncos and has spent the past two seasons playing for the North Queensland Cowboys in his 43 NRL game career. 

Isaiah Papali’i has agreed to a two year deal, after playing 59 NRL games for the Warriors since 2017.

He has also represented New Zealand and Samoa.

Hooker Joey Lussick has also agreed to a one year deal after spending time in the Eels pathways in 2014 and 2015.

He went on to make his NRL debut for Manly in 2017 and has spent the last three seasons in the UK Super League playing for Salford.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “We are excited to welcome Tom, Isaiah and Joey and I have no doubt that these three men will be a great cultural fit with our Club.”

“All players will add class, depth and balance to our overall squad and they will be relocating from their current destinations in readiness for the 2021 pre-season,” O’Neill said.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Rider have said similar, but Davey was only used as a replacement when Marata was out of the matches, & he did well at the time.  Lane being shifted to bench was best move for him, thing is we need replacements pretty much for the 3 forwards we lost that were in the 17 man squad, Evens, Marata and Stefano, who was not that much of a loss anyway. If Asiata wants a run on position & not bench, and if he's good enough then the could take Lanes spot, with Lane on the bench untill the change is taken, it worked more than well this year and possibly should have been done earlier.

• Papali is an interesting signing and for 2 years compared to the other 2, maybe the other 2 are gap fillers until we know what's happening with some others after November 1 for 2021.  I was under the impression that Asiata was on the list for the club as well, as the prospects of Staggs & Ofenhengue. Asiata is off contract with the cows, and the two horses are wanting out, Staggs will be lucky to be back mid next year though.

• Opacic plays either side, preferred right side from memory.

I am not confident about Jennings remaining in the game. Cannot understand why B sample has not already been tested and the longer this goes on the more nervous the wait..

I would hate to lose him, but.............?

Is there any news on Fergo's injury, that could also play a part in these calculations imo.

I would take Tom as a ready made replacement if we need a centre tbh with Blake to wing if Fergo falls over.

Joey to 14 perhaps but where does that leave The Fresh Prince?

At 5ft 11in and 108kg that is one big backrower when you take into account Junior is supposed to be 124 kg and could easily play back row. Bench for me with Nuikore, although Nuikore must be in consideration for a run on spot imo. For me it appears we are gettng some flexibility with our forwards being able to play centre or edge.

Junior can play anywhere from Prop to 5/8, N Brown centre or edge, Nuikore same, Papa same, Joey hooker or backrow.

• Re... Jenko B sample could take a while from previous cases it takes as long as 6 months I dare say Jenkos time in the game is over 

• How stupid is that mate?

A "reasonable" organisation imo would run the B sample once the A sample tested positive - too much BS for me.

B sample is a minimum 6 months old when they go to testing, how do they know it has not been compromised in some way? Can they absolutely guarantee the sample is sound and in same condition as when it was taken.

Any small slip up could create any sort of annomaly imo.

• It doesn't make a lot since I'm sure the scientists have some explanation for it. 

I would think most players would want it test as soon as the 1st negative comes out.

Unless there is a legal reason to wait or something can't imagine its that

• Right now Opacic is starting Left Centre. 

• With assumptions being made that Jenko is gone and Opacic would come into the backline, where does that leave Haze Dunster?

I thought Waqa's game was much better with Haze on his outside. Perhaps he felt he needed to step up with a junior team member on his wing?

I liked what I saw from Haze. Keen to see more

• I have serious reservations that Ferg's will see out next year owing to his injuries, also Sivo needs to lift a fair bit as well, he's been shown up by some other Islander players on more than a few occasions, I also am still concerned as to his upper body strength as even with a crack down on the crusher tackle he still went down a few times coming up holding the back of head. Its been part of him since he came to the eels.

With Dunster & JAC we have speed on our wings, Dunster is no slouch in speed and doesn't give up on the chase either.

• Thanks colin, my thoughts on Dunster and Fergo as well.

All the best mate while you battle the dreaded ORF SEEZUN MALADY & MADNESS with your JAC shit.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poupou Escobar replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"No it was Stuart."
46 minutes ago
TKBK replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Twice this year we have had an outside back go down, and it's caused us all sorts of drama. I'd be happy to have Blaize play that role all year he's not in the starting team. Covers every spot in  the backline and with the concussion rules, and the…"
2 hours ago
BEM replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"I can't see that happening. 
This looks like another "just in case" selection and I doubt Talagi will get many minutes if any."
2 hours ago
BEM replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Which will could possibly have by not having another forward on the bench."
2 hours ago
More…