3 New Signings

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the signings of three new players who will commence training in the 2021 pre-season.

Centre Tom Opacic has agreed to a one year deal with the Eels.

Tom made his NRL debut in 2016 for the Brisbane Broncos and has spent the past two seasons playing for the North Queensland Cowboys in his 43 NRL game career. 

Isaiah Papali’i has agreed to a two year deal, after playing 59 NRL games for the Warriors since 2017.

He has also represented New Zealand and Samoa.

Hooker Joey Lussick has also agreed to a one year deal after spending time in the Eels pathways in 2014 and 2015.

He went on to make his NRL debut for Manly in 2017 and has spent the last three seasons in the UK Super League playing for Salford.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “We are excited to welcome Tom, Isaiah and Joey and I have no doubt that these three men will be a great cultural fit with our Club.”

“All players will add class, depth and balance to our overall squad and they will be relocating from their current destinations in readiness for the 2021 pre-season,” O’Neill said.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow

• Is the Wow a good or not good indication Frank?

• Papali'i is a great signing

Tom... not sure yet 

Lussick...didn't one of them play for Roosters last week?

• yeah freddy all brothers 

• Freddy did Marty. Thought it was gonna be him.

• Is papali a bench replacement for Evans?,  the other two are good depth signings with opacic a good chance of being a starter and lussick a bench hooker.

Anyone waiting for top self signings shouldn't hold their breath,  I doubt we have salary cap space for any significant signings. 

• OH MY LAWD - I do not have a complaint about any of these blokes.

Well done to those responsible.

A few of the "rated" young guns to be elevated and we is not looking too shabby at all atm. imo.

• You'd think Hayne would be back if cleared of rape next month. 

• Please, for the love of The Imaginary Friend - please, no.

• Lol at the Imaginery Friend.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

The Badger replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"Far too young. Bit of a larrikin as well.
I think he had a greyhound named Nads. If it was going ok he'd yell out "GO NADS!".
One more thing to give Manly something to play for as well."
24 seconds ago
Longfin Eel replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"Wow, so young. He was certainly an interesting character, and a great footballer when he wanted to be."
2 minutes ago
BEM posted a discussion
NRL rocked by death of former NSW and Kangaroos centre Terry Hill at 52

The rugby league community is in mourning following the death of former NSW and Kangaroos star Terry Hill at the age of 52.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting the former NRL…
19 minutes ago
Tin Tim replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Well I was thinking Parra would lift, the team lift for BA. But finding out Terry Hill has died from a hart attack in the Philippines, I think Manly will lift for this match also. R.I.P. Tezza, I hope this ain't a joke. He was a hard player & a…"
20 minutes ago
More…