Please Please Please WATCH THIS

This simply has some of the GREATEST RUGBY LEAGUE EVER PLAYED BY ANY TEAM IN AMY ERA

The 2001 Eels need to showcased & NEVER forgotten - WATCH THE VID & TELL ME U DISAGREE

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Parra fan on the hill - this never gets old - LOVED IT !!! & thx

• Great story mate re Laurie and Leabeater. Great memories for sure. You make a good argument for 1986 crew to stay gold, and upon reflection ( remembering those Canterbury days, and the Crow’s eye injury) concede they deserve their place there.  Was it not the same game Cronin was driving up from Gerringong and almost missed the game due to traffic and the police cleared a path so he could get there in time? 

• We were unbeatable and yet, we crumbled under pressure. Biggest missed chance ever.

• If you're referring to 2001, we weren't unbeatable. We lost 5 games that year, including twice against Newcastle. Don't forget that in the years preceding 2001, Newcastle were a better side than us in 1997, 1998 and 2000. Only in 1999 did we have their measure.

Again, I don't know why people still think that we were the overwhelming favourites for that GF. I personally think that the biggest missed chance for a GF win came in 1999 (closely folowed by 2005). We were the best side in 1999, even though Cronula won the minor premiership. We were undefeated against Cronulla (Minor Premiers), Melbourne (Premiers) and St George (Grand Finalists). Oonly side in the top 4 to have our measure was Easts, who we lost to twice early in the season. Once they were knocked out of the finals race, it was ours for the taking. 

Same in 2005. That one prpbably hurt more seeing Wests go on to win it. 

• 99, Melbourne scored a try off a blatant knock on. to get back in the game from 16-6 down.The rub of the green for them goes way back.Its so obvious it's criminal.Smith and Bellamy gone after 21 what leg up will they get or will we get to finally watch them capitulate. 

• Brisbane have been brought back down to size - time for the same with Melbourne. I think Easts aren't far behind either actually.

• Agreed. We actually bought tickets to the GF in 1999 assuming Parra would be there. That didn't end well, especially sitting in the stands watching Melbourne win the GF.

We were one of the best teams from 1998 to 2001 and 2005 and should have come away with a couple of premierships. In the end the occasion got to the players and they didn't perform. That's something the current team will need to be on top of.

• Exactly. We had several chances to be the first Sydney based team to win the NRL premiership.... alas

• Great points & 2005 still haunts me

• You little Buetner 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Hayne was a once in a generation player.....are you suggesting this kid is in that league?"
6 seconds ago
Fiddy replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I think put him at wing. He gets 1st grade experience and then moves to fb. We did the same thing with Hayne"
13 minutes ago
Axel replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Sounds as though the club is trying to sign him long term and fullback may be the carrot"
13 minutes ago
HKF replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"If the future for talagi is at fullback then he needs to be playing fullback in reserve grade not sitting on the bench in first grade."
20 minutes ago
More…