Blogs

The Truth Hurts: Article

News.com.au: News NRLThe Australian: Martin GaborThe truth hurts’: Eels defend Brad Arthur and vow to bounce back following horror loss in Darwin Brad Arthur’s position as Eels coach has come under fire following their shocking second half in…

Read more…
49 Replies · Reply by Hell On Eels 3 hours ago
Views: 1035

It is not Arthur's fault: Gus Gould

Funny that Gould defends Arthur saying he is not the problem, the problem is their junior development is messed up. Yeah you know who else's junior pathways is bad? Canterbury and who coached them when the pathways were slowly being worked on?…

Read more…
20 Replies · Reply by Mitchy 18 hours ago
Views: 558

Add a blog

1Eyed Eel is all about participation. Don't be shy, have your say!

Social blogs are for members only. 
CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

Frank The Tank replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"HOE this one is your best effort yet - I'd rate it masterclass in previewing an NRL game and a masterpiece work 
Pity this can't be published for the wider NRLs audiences digestion.
I fear a lot of what you say on here wont improve this year and…"
1 second ago
Avenger replied to EA's discussion Luca Moretti early footy career
"I switched off after 2 min. Serioulsy how dumb are these 2? "
8 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Great post HOE. You've simply covered everything to a T and I can't argue with any of it. Our defence being WORSE than 2018 is a really alarming statistic. Truly is.
Given what you've said about the culture, it really does answer the question about…"
26 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Understand why our defence is the worst and you won't need to throw your arms up in the air! "
32 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Yes, I wouldn't get lost on the numbers, its quiet simple really Moses is the General and Dyllan the Seargent Major.....this week Dyllan is the General and we have Corporal Sanders who is a Colonel in waiting.
Shit the hooker feeds the scrum and the…"
34 minutes ago
EA replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"The best halves coming through the grades now is Ethan Sanders and Mitch Woods from dogs."
46 minutes ago
"Hi Hoey,
Great write up and the stats are quiet compelling. That said I want to make some point's about a few issues.
Firstly I think too much is being made of our "aging players"....they really are not the issue, in the right balanced team they…"
59 minutes ago
EA replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"jett isn't rated as high as Nathan "
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Super, I thought it was Barrett who recently admitted: "we know Dylan is not an out and out halfback". Arthur never seemed to admit it as candidly as Barrett did - rather calling out everybody around Dylan (who Arthur said was doing a great job at…"
1 hour ago
SuperEel 22 replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"It's weird how Brad keeps calling Dylan an out and out halfback. Because Dylan played 7 in 20s and Cup before he debuted and while his running game was obvious, he was tasked with getting the side around the park. And that 20s side made a grand…"
1 hour ago
Jim Muir replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"An amazing post. Thank you. It's great to get such a comprehensive and well reasoned analysis to chew over. I hope the Parra powers that be have read it and are mulling over the calls to action that need to be addressed - otherwise we could be a…"
1 hour ago
Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"Could be as good as the big brother apparently. "
1 hour ago
Offside replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"Funny enough he is also eligible for the kiwis after being born there 
Imagine a Cleary v Cleary international 😂
Jet Cleary is a good player a mate of mine who works in the Penrith jr system reckons he has that something special "
1 hour ago
LB replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Around that time from Warriors last year is where we got the brain snaps from RCG and Sivo leading to long suspensions. Dylan Brown also. It seemed the makeup of the squad started to become unfocused and just seemed disregard the establishment. The…"
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Yep, that's what they say LB. Seven is just a number. Age is just a number. Love the concepts, yet, both stuff actually happen in reality.
It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Officially, Dylan is the seven. Halfback. Fact. Halfback "in…"
1 hour ago
"Yep, LB, the defensive regression of the Eels since 2022 is "alarming" to use a Slater term. Currently, we concede almost 26 points per game. The worse in the Arthur era. Worse than 2018. 
I suspect there's a lot of frustatration in the team that is…"
2 hours ago
More…