We should have beaten the Storm in the first week final of 2017. We came out the next week and were flat and look tired.

Everyone said the tough close loss to the Storm destroyed us.

What do you think? I think they'll win the second week but only just, with an ordinary display.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think they will go out second week, they had a chance to beat those scumbags and they blew it!. It certainly took it out of us, the players put all that energy into that Melbourne game and to come away empty handed would hurt. Melbourne almost assured a grand final spot now, it will be Slater's final home game ever in 2 weeke time.
  • I think they will win mate.

Only BA would change the team and the game plan that worked so well against the Storm.

BA is not a good enough tactical coach to try trick shots.... but he did.

The luckiest coach in the NRL to still have a job.
  • Sam Burgess will come out and have the game of his life, because last night had to be his worst.
  • Storm will make the GF now. I’m so sick of them but you have to admire their resolve. They are an unbelievably resilient side. 

• And doing it with Cheyse Blair in your starting side ... how good is Bellamy.
      • I hate some of his tactics but he’s the best coach in the nrl. Hands down. 

• I think they will definitely make the GF. I’m predicting the Roosters or Sharks to win it. But the STORM are so resilient, that’s for sure.
    • I hate Melbourne more than any other team in any sporting code on the planet. Unfortunately they will make the grand final again....because it is Billy Slater's last game ever in Melbourne, there is no way the players would want anything else but a win.

Then in the grand final if it is against a Sydney team it will be 70-75K the Sydney teams fans and behind the goal at the eastern end you will see a little blotch of purple on the television just like all the other grand finals they have been in.
  • They have a few sore bodies Souths they would of loved a week off. It was a pretty brutal game last night it will be interesting
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Depends on who they play, If they play Brisbane then it will be a tough ask, If they play saints then it’s hard to see em losing to a team going as bad as saints. But if I had to bet on it, I would say they will go thru to the prelim unlike us. Lol to think of the opportunity we had last year with whom we played & hoe we could have so easily been in the big dance to where we are now. Mind boggling. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"geez, there is no one left to blame, lets get the Hillsongers LOL
Couple of wars going on in Europe and the Middle East get rid of them as well!
The "haters" are desperate for a kill!"
17 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Well that comes with a debutant in the halves with a non organising other half."
38 minutes ago
Axel replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Disjointed and many dropped balls . Let's see what they serve up tomorrow "
52 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Are there any hillsongers there anymore 🤔🤷‍♀️"
57 minutes ago
More…