Why so quiet in player recruitment

I know it is has been blogged to death but I am confused about our lack of recruitment . No doubt we are waiting for the other clubs to start shedding players but looks like the big fire sale we were expecting particularly at Canterbury won't eventuate now , Canberra trying to off load joey apparently only one and knights and roosters and sharks more active then ever . We need an outside back , winger and front tower urgently to be competitive again in 2018. The Hayne returning is not the answer imo. Maybe the wash up after the World Cup might see some cheapie players come out way. Love that Garry low from png.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Agree mate but as main stream training has returned without our rep players we need to integrate new players into system as soon as possible. Not normally this impatient but I know we are weaker for the departure of semi and aging stock like tim and Scott and Gower .
  • JH and a GOOD front rower is what we need. Not some has been or some "soft" runner of the ball like Alvaro or Mannah.

• Hayne not the answer I don't care what people say

We need that Pommy I cant think of he name he wont to play NRL we must get him and one front rower and a winger I think Brett Morris be a good buy Greg Eastwood be a cheap buy

• We just had the big 4 recruitment what are you talking about?
  • Yep gotta a feeling we will end up holding our dicks.
    Hayne won’t come and we will end up with the left overs.
    Classic Parra tbh.
    • Yeah just like last year where we needed a half and BA beautifully held his nerve and picked up Moses.

Or during the 2016/2016 offseason where we needed a centre and BA got the best option available when all the other coaches got secord best (hiku / Copley / lafi / Roberts)

BA knows what he is doing!!
    • 100% correct frank         our recruitment is pathetic

• If you ask the eggsperts we are just waiting till after the Grand Final to announce the signings . Technically they have until round June 30 2018 I guess to be correct . This time last year we were reading comments like " my sources tell me we will start 2017 with a major sponsor " and " the club are deep in negotiations with a sponsor blah blah fuckin blah "
  • We won't go very far is we have the team now next year
  • Why do we need a winger / back and prop to be competitive? We have the same side that got us to the top 4 minus a winger but adding a decent prop!!

Yeah semi is a freak, but BA showed in 2015 after losing Hayne, we can easily cover losing one of our better players!!
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
2 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
3 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
4 hours ago
More…