What should we expect of a Ricky Stuart-led Eels?

Well, firstly obviously I'm hoping this will finally mean Hayne to six. My hope is that Stuart's experience as a half can get Hayne to make a rapid transition into the halves and I will to my dying day say that Kearney's biggest mistake was not keeping Hayne in the halves once he got him to place a few games there. I can hop back onto my unicorn on this basis alone.

The half back spot will be interesting. Can Stuart transform Sandow. Sandow may very well have the rest of this season to show Stuart he's got the potential to grow into the kind of half-back Ricky Stuart's likes running his teams. Because I think Luke Kelly is much more like a Stuart-style of half back.

I think if he reproduces his liking for a mobile forward pack that will suit us. We've never played the power game very well - and we don't seem to produce really big forwards. But I think he'll definitely want more aggression from our forwards, and that might be a challenging thing for him to try and achieve.

I actually think Stuart will be a decent fit if he has possibly learned from his past NRL coaching jobs that he probably has to tone down the intensity. I've always admired his willingness to innovate and try and take the game in new directions and I think Parramatta is a great club to do that at, because as we have shown the last couple of years we don't fit very well with the type of game played by many of the other clubs.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Most should improve and be very fit hopefully, plus i feel no player will feel safe so if they dont perform then they may be booted.

I think Sandow might end up in wenty fulltime or traded

• It's going to take him time. I guess that's the advantage of having a former half though as your coach, hopefully he's going to get that mentoring he needs to get comfortable with the role more quickly. I'd suggest our 2013 is going to depend on it.

After all the postulating from Stuart about Hayne not being a one for Origin, he surely couldn't do a backflip now?

• Ricky is the right guy for the job out of the coaches on the plate, and i think it is very close to a done deal.....

• No I think Stuart would be a fan of Kelly. He's big enough to defend and can lead a side around.

• Stuart will stiffen our defense but I hope he hires someone to fix our attack cause Stuart coach teams have always got by on defence Evan in soo this year with all that strike we had out wide we only used inside balls to back rowers that's what concerns me about him, but hopefully he can have us showing and playing with pride.
    • Willie is the only one that needs to stiffen up and it looked like he did last night, it was a shame he limped off the field

• This is the reason i dont want stuart. He will try to force hayne to 6, which inturn will cause him to leave.

Hayne does not want to play at 6, even though he would be the best 6 in the nrl.

Did you not watch hayne at 6 in the city/country origin. He was lost and looked like he couldnt care.You cannot make someone do what they dont want.

• stiffy, hayne needs to man up n take on some responcibility, we cant have such a gifted ball player at fullback, he needs to get involved big time in imo

• Hayne needs some tough love and Stuart can do that
      Time for hayne to make his mark in this game , step up , stop being lazy and become a champion 5/8
  • we should expect a real man! The bloke is made of hardcore stuff thats what we need !

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"LB you probs correct on two Coaches getting maturity from Lomax, it was all in his mannerism last night. I do wonder the noise from Parra if Gutho went to Wing... for the betterment of the Team? Would he bleet 🐏 so much? "
4 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"If Tago does stay at centre then it does coincide with them having a budget 6 but I still think the plan will be to move him"
37 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"500k for May is well worth it. Penrith know what they'll get from him every week but Lomax is inconsistent, right now he's playing his best football because he's advertising himself to other clubs. When his attitude is down his game can be  poor.…"
52 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
2 hours ago
More…