Ok , so how about a non Brad Authur blog ?  Let’s do a fun type one ay ....

I have 3 questions for you based on re-makes of movies ( not sequels )  . It’s very rare we see old movies re-done and be a hit .  We’ve seen atrocities like the PC driven Ghostbusters , and Karate Kid to the old hit turned into a re- made abortion of a movie , Authur ( with that twat pommy Russell brand ) 
1st one - if you could re-make a movie with your choice of the 2 main characters what would it be and with whom ? 
2nd one - what’s your worst re-make of all time ?
3rd one - what’s your best re-make of all time ? 
Mine would be , 
*Back to the future 
* this guy as Marty McFly ( very hard to pick anyone of the right age equal to MJF in his heyday ) 
* Doc Brown - can’t go past Jim Carey for this role ( I’m imagining a still half sane Jim ), it’s really really bloody hard to pick people for such an iconic movie .
MJF and Christopher Lloyd were a match made in heaven for this movie . Don’t think you’d ever be able to think of anyone either from 1985 or now that could beat either of the performances they put up . 
**Worst re-make for me would have to be the female version of Ghostbusters , wow man that was an insult to the original actors who made that powerhouse movie and an 80s Icon . They totally shat all over the legacy . 
***Best re-make for me would probably be Cape Fear with Robert De-Nero before he turned into a fuckwit , crazy old person . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry about the wall of text like spacing . The iPad for some reason keeps cluttering it all together . Feel free to fix it up Super if you like . I’ve tried 3 times . 

• moses..

• Id remake a film called Taxidermia which is my fav of all time.

Worst remake was Jaws 2 , one of the greatest movies of all time was butchered, Ghostbusters 2 not far off..

Best remake was Mad Max 2

• 1. If I could remake the 3 star wars prequels I'd recast the lead role of Anakin Skywalker. I thought Hayden Christensen was awful in them. I'm not exactly sure who I'd pick to replace him, because I reckon just about anyone could have done the role better.

2. Worst movie remake - Charlie and the chocolate factory. The original was a timeless classic.

3. Best movie remake - Hard to pick one here. In general I'm not a huge fan of remakes, so I don't watch a lot of them. Oceans 11 wasn't terrible I guess.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Yeah you are probably right with all that. A few careers have been on life support since those movies. Natalie Portman hasn't done a lot since.

• Yeah I read once that Hayden Christensen’s performance was exactly how George Lucas wanted it. Having said that I still would’ve had Ryan Phillipe as Anakin.

• Even though I like the Star Wars prequels I would probably edit them a bit. There are people on Youtube who have done fan made prequel movies that are edited and are quite gooe.

I have even seen a few videos where they explain that Episode 1 should not of been made as it adds nothing to the story. And in some ways they are right, when I first introduced my girlfriend to Star Wars I skipped Episode 1 and she was none the wiser.

Another movie I would remake is Mortal Kombat Annohilation. A lot of people like the first movie, the second one was awful and as a result no filmaker or actor wants to be involved in another Mortal Kombat movie and Hollywood is no interested because it was so bad.
  • I'd have the Rock star in a remake of Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Running Man. Charlize Theron as his leading lady. I'd also like to see The Rock in a Predator movie.

Worst remake I'd go with is the Point Break remake. It was terrible!

Best remake would be Bill Murray's Scrooged, based on a Christmas Carol.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well thought out and expressed Slippery.... you raise good points about circumstantial valuations."
3 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Our dominant half is getting older and if we lose Sanders, there is no real alternative. 
Our forwards are getting older as well.
Our "premiership window" is closing fast so we need quality experienced players now instead of waiting to see if the…"
14 minutes ago
Poupou Escobar replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 4 Team List v Wests Tigers
"He might be but he's definitely not a better tackler."
29 minutes ago
Poupou Escobar replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Comparing records in different years and at different clubs is apples and oranges. At least compare their form in reserve grade in 2024. Arthur is well ahead:
Official The Knock On Effect NSW Cup profile of Jake Arthur for Bla...
Official The Knock…"
30 minutes ago
More…