Ok , so how about a non Brad Authur blog ?  Let’s do a fun type one ay ....

I have 3 questions for you based on re-makes of movies ( not sequels )  . It’s very rare we see old movies re-done and be a hit .  We’ve seen atrocities like the PC driven Ghostbusters , and Karate Kid to the old hit turned into a re- made abortion of a movie , Authur ( with that twat pommy Russell brand ) 
1st one - if you could re-make a movie with your choice of the 2 main characters what would it be and with whom ? 
2nd one - what’s your worst re-make of all time ?
3rd one - what’s your best re-make of all time ? 
Mine would be , 
*Back to the future 
* this guy as Marty McFly ( very hard to pick anyone of the right age equal to MJF in his heyday ) 
* Doc Brown - can’t go past Jim Carey for this role ( I’m imagining a still half sane Jim ), it’s really really bloody hard to pick people for such an iconic movie .
MJF and Christopher Lloyd were a match made in heaven for this movie . Don’t think you’d ever be able to think of anyone either from 1985 or now that could beat either of the performances they put up . 
**Worst re-make for me would have to be the female version of Ghostbusters , wow man that was an insult to the original actors who made that powerhouse movie and an 80s Icon . They totally shat all over the legacy . 
***Best re-make for me would probably be Cape Fear with Robert De-Nero before he turned into a fuckwit , crazy old person . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry about the wall of text like spacing . The iPad for some reason keeps cluttering it all together . Feel free to fix it up Super if you like . I’ve tried 3 times . 

• moses..

• Id remake a film called Taxidermia which is my fav of all time.

Worst remake was Jaws 2 , one of the greatest movies of all time was butchered, Ghostbusters 2 not far off..

Best remake was Mad Max 2

• 1. If I could remake the 3 star wars prequels I'd recast the lead role of Anakin Skywalker. I thought Hayden Christensen was awful in them. I'm not exactly sure who I'd pick to replace him, because I reckon just about anyone could have done the role better.

2. Worst movie remake - Charlie and the chocolate factory. The original was a timeless classic.

3. Best movie remake - Hard to pick one here. In general I'm not a huge fan of remakes, so I don't watch a lot of them. Oceans 11 wasn't terrible I guess.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Yeah you are probably right with all that. A few careers have been on life support since those movies. Natalie Portman hasn't done a lot since.

• Yeah I read once that Hayden Christensen’s performance was exactly how George Lucas wanted it. Having said that I still would’ve had Ryan Phillipe as Anakin.

• Even though I like the Star Wars prequels I would probably edit them a bit. There are people on Youtube who have done fan made prequel movies that are edited and are quite gooe.

I have even seen a few videos where they explain that Episode 1 should not of been made as it adds nothing to the story. And in some ways they are right, when I first introduced my girlfriend to Star Wars I skipped Episode 1 and she was none the wiser.

Another movie I would remake is Mortal Kombat Annohilation. A lot of people like the first movie, the second one was awful and as a result no filmaker or actor wants to be involved in another Mortal Kombat movie and Hollywood is no interested because it was so bad.
  • I'd have the Rock star in a remake of Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Running Man. Charlize Theron as his leading lady. I'd also like to see The Rock in a Predator movie.

Worst remake I'd go with is the Point Break remake. It was terrible!

Best remake would be Bill Murray's Scrooged, based on a Christmas Carol.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Thanks, Muttman. Yeah, spot on. Our footy board is largely bankers-based. That's an issue related to cultural problems; which appear to be coming home to roost this year. Our R&R committee largely relies on Arthur and O'Niell for footy nous, and…"
50 seconds ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Nothing to do with Lomax Mutts."
1 minute ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Well after 11yrs I'd take Flanagan any day."
2 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"NOS, that's such high praise coming from you, bro. 
I agree with everthing you said.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens this week."
7 minutes ago
More…