Vale Blair Kurtz - Player Number 431

The Parramatta Eels are saddened to hear of the passing of former Eels first grade player Blair Kurtz this week.  Blair was a former Under 23 premiership player who played for the Club between 1984 and 1987. He made two first grade appearance in 1986 and 1987 and has an official Eels player number is #431. He came off the bench twice to play first grade:

1. May 25th 1986, round 12, 28 - 18 win over Canberra

2. August 23rd 1987, round 25, 34 - 16 win over St George

Blair was raised in Toongabbie and was a local Parramatta junior who worked his way through the junior representative squads to Eels senior grades during one of the strongest periods in the Clubs playing history. In addition to being a talented sportsman, Blair was strong academically gaining entry to James Ruse Agricultural High School and eventually graduating with a Bachelor of Veterinary Science from the University of Sydney. 

Post his footballing career, Blair had a successful career as vet both in the greyhound industry and more recently as co-owner of the  Quakers Hill Veterinary Hospital. His work at the veterinary hospital made him a popular and well-known figure within the Quakers Hill community. 

In July 2015, while training for a half marathon, Blair was diagnosed with an aggressive form of Motor Neurone Disease and last Sunday he tragically passed away at home.

In consultation with Blair’s family, the Club will tonight wear black armbands as a tribute to our former player. 

Everyone at the Parramatta Eels would like to pass on their deepest condolences to Blair’s wife Kim, daughter Rachael and son Aaron.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/03/17/vale_blair_kurtz_pla.af_news.html

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• An absolute Gentlemen, RIP Blair. my condolences to Kim and the family, You helped me out on so many occasions.
  • Very sad news. Condolences to his family.
  • Sad news, blessings to the family and Blair, way too young.

• Remember Blair as a goer. Seems like he was a goer after his footy career. Vale Blair, condolences to your family mate!!

• RIP
  • Rip.
  • LOL His name was Blair Kurtz. Vale means farewell.
  • RIP. Just added him to my website.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
2 hours ago
More…