The Official Start of the 1Eyed Eel 2015 season

Today marks the official start of the 1Eyed Eel 2015 season.

If you're a regular to the site, you'll know that during the off-season we relax the Code of Conduct a little. That's both in recognition that there's not a lot of football to talk about and so discussions do naturally tend to run off the rails a bit, but more importantly, our moderation team are around the site less, so it's difficult to enforce the site's rules consistently.

However, with the Nine tournament coming up before we get intro trial system, let me officially declare the 1Eyed Eel 2015 season has begun.

Traffic indicates 1Eyed continues to grow. According to our Google Analytics over 350k people visited the site last year, up around 20 per cent on the year prior and you lot collectively spent about 241,494 hours on the site throughout 2014.

My goal for the site has always been for it to be a place that could bring as many Eels fans as possible to come together to share their passion for our wonderful Rugby League club.

The code of conduct is there to ensure the site has the best chance possible to do that.

Now that's we're in-season, please be aware that the moderators will be enforcing the code of conduct and those that do not adhere to it, will receive suspensions. Unless you go totally overboard, the moderation team will generally give you a warning that you've stepped over the mark and then we will start the suspension process, first 24 hours, then 72 hours, then the moderastors may decide to retire the account.

There no doubt will be suspensions; if that happens to you, let me suggest you accept it gracefully, understand it means you've stepped beyond our line in the sand, and pull back. Respond in a derogatory or threatening way and you may not get another chance.

If you need to remind yourself of the Code of Conduct, click here.

To summarise, the code just asks you to be civil to other members; play the ball and not the man and keep any opinions that may offend or be devisive to yourself. Keep politics, religion, etc to the Current Affairs group and racy content to The Cave. This a Rugby League site, and more than ever we will be ensuring that the front page and main blogs to stick to the topic of our beloved Eels and Rugby League.

I think the general consensus is we're excited about the year ahead, so please let's respect each other and our club, and play nice.

Eels forever. Always 1Eyed.

Phil Sim (1Eyed Eel)

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

• I was saying Boourns
    • Statistics show both Snake and Frankie make up 20% of the 350k members who visited the site last year.  lol

• Phil,

Can we please relax the Code of Conduct when we talk about Manly or the Dogs?

• Can we have a 1Eyed club called The Turnips in recognition of all those who cop suspensions?

And we can run odds for everybody on their chances of being suspended during the year, and a 'premiership market' for 1st to be suspended.  My money's on Snake at 5 to 1.

• Lol don't hold your breath IH8.
      Put me down for a $50 on myself.
    • Betting on yourself? I think the integrity committee should be looking into that. They might even suspend you...oh wait a minute
  • It is a seriously the gringe who stole christmas blog if ive ever seen one.

Its like inviting you over for a party, everybody has bought their own grog and are having a great time and the host says 'gday mate, great to have you here, have you seen the new shed out back? and when you go out back to check it out the host says '' this parties over you turnip'' and shoots you.

''Come over for a party but you watch yourself kent''

• Sounds reasonable to me.
    Except for the fact that you called your site 1EE.....
    Maybe you should change the name to *********
  • Yep I wish donnsta would come back too, we need more oestrogen on here lol
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Collaroy Eel replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"In addition he wears a pillow to protect his rib cage "
5 minutes ago
Colin Good replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"If Carty had a broken rib three weeks is not enough time off , takes six's weeks to repare and taking needles to play is not on ."
8 minutes ago
Mitchy replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Gutho is a decent player albeit not fast nor the most skilful but he gives it his all each week. Don't mind him taking to refs but it does not always do much. I just wish our other forward can't played with his intensity each week. "
9 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"That did make my day "
10 minutes ago
More…