Just watched the interview on 60 minutes with the Kelly family regarding the tragic situation they have gone through losing their two sons, first Thomas in 2012 from a coward punch in Sydney's Kings Cross then his younger brother Stuart in 2016 as a result of suicide. The parents have gone through hell, i'm a tough bugger but was reduced to tears as a result of this interview. The NRL is putting on a tribute to metal health awareness match featuring the Eels and Tigers at ANZ Stadium 2 weeks from now (Round 20) 

The message is SK - Stay Kind (also Stuart Kelly's initials) Stuart was a massive Eels supporter and his father Ralph a Tigers supporter, however on that day the family will be throwing their support behind the Eels in honour of Stuart. 

Get out there and show your support. 

Mark

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good post Mudskip.

What a tragedy. Such a sad story.

There'll be plenty of us at the Tigers game showing our support...

• This reply was deleted.
  • This reply was deleted.
  • Heading to this game in a corporate box with some mate . Can't wait . Great cause also . Weldone Nrl for jumping on board with this .
  • Please captain
    And thanks
  • Bloody tragic story this, fuck i felt for those parents, well said mud.

• Snake I have 2 sons , not quite the age of the Kelly boys
      I would be a wreck if anything happened to them
      Your not supposed to bury your kids, fuck,they did it twice
      Heartbreaking
  • Thanks capt
  • Same here....I'll be there. Sad and how do the family get through it? Tough and we hope this can help in some small way. Nice post Mud.
    This will be my last game for a month...off to UK for a month for some leave, and travel, and hope to come back to a top 4-6 spot.
  • Same here mate and also brought tears to my eyes. Poor family great to see the nrl and eels getting behind this
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael Ericson replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"A fit and firing Sivo is more valuable than people seem to give credit on here. I haven't given up on him getting back. His last game in 2023  against the panthers was very good - he scored 4 tries but his backfield runs were also effective. He…"
12 minutes ago
aveel replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"He's garbage."
29 minutes ago
EA replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"Also needs to work on his play the balls. It feels like they are the slowest in the comp.
Than in defence, he needs to sprint when jamming. Maybe he is scared since his suspension, but he is so slow when jamming that the player gets the pass away…"
36 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"I hope he comes back like the Maika we saw in 2022. But I've seen nothing in over a year to suggest he can.His running technique has changed and he needs to fix that. On kick returns he needs to work on lowering his centre of gravity prior to…"
49 minutes ago
More…