(Image from: www.parraeels.com.au)

Date: Monday 15th of June

Venue: AAMI Park

Gates open: 4:30pm

Kick-off: 7:00pm (NYC U20s 4:45pm)

Head Referee: Ashley Klein

Assistant Referee: Adam Devcich

Head to Head: Played 29, Storm 18, Eels 11, drawn 0

Head to Head odds: Storm ($ 2.00), Eels ($ 1.80)

Broadcast: Live TV: Fox sports live 7:00pm, Live Radio: Triple M (SYD & BRI)

Last 4 encounters:

1. Storm 28, Eels 10 at Pirtek Stadium (2015)

2. Storm 46, Eels 20 at AAMI Park (2014)

3. Storm 64, Eels 4 at AAMI Park (2013)

4. Eels 16, Storm 10 at Parramatta Stadium (2012)

Preview: This week’s round fourteen Monday night encounter will feature the Origin depleted Melbourne Storm up against the down on their luck Parramatta Eels. The Eels lost game a last Monday night that they really should not have lost leading 30 - 6 at one stage, the Cowboys looked down and out but of the back of some flimsy Eels defense the Cowboys railed to score 30 unanswered points in 13 minutes. The Eels will no doubt be disappointed over that loss and will be raring to erase that disappointment with a victory over the Storm down in Melbourne. The Storm last weekend scored a 20 points to 0 victory over the Panthers on Penrith soil. Who will win this Monday night encounter, only one way to tell tune in any way you can come Monday night.

Value bet: My value bet for this weekend is for Brad Takairangi to claim the first try, Takairangi and his outside winger Semi Radradra have been switching positions multiple times per game over the past two weeks. A tactic that has worked quite impressively and lead to Radradra and Takairangi claiming more tries as a pair. But anyways I'm tipping Takairangi to claim the first try off the back Radradra pass; Takairangi is at $ 17 to claim the first try. Now onto the first try favorites for both teams, for the Storm they have Mahe Fonua at $ 10 and Young Tonumaipea at $ 11. As for the Eels their try scoring favorites are Semi Radradra at an incredibly short $ 6.50 and Bureta Faraimo at $ 11

Interesting fact:  Not only will this week be Anthony Watmough's 300th game it is also Corey Norman's 100th game. Watmough becomes the 2nd player to notch up 300 games while playing for the Eels, the first being Nathan Hindmarsh. Much like Hindmarsh, Watmough will play his 300th game at an away ground; Hindmarsh played his away game at Penrith and unfortunately lost under controversial circumstances.

It will be a big week for: Anthony Watmough. Not that this week is a big week for Watmough for any particular reason relating to how he is playing football but it is a big week for Watmough for another reason as when Watmough takes the field this week for Eels this week against the Storm he will join a very exclusive club. Watmough this Monday night will join the 300 games played club, a very special and amazing feat. Watmough will become the 2nd player to notch up 300 games while playing for the Eels over the past five years the first being Eels legend Nathan Hindmarsh. The Eels will be hoping to make Watmough's 300th game a special one by grabbing the two points down in Melbourne. 

Danger man: This week’s Danger man is Storm rookie Cameron Munster. Whilst playing very little football this season Cameron Munster has been very impressive when he has been tasked with job of filling in for Billy Slater. Munster may also become a regular fixture at fullback for the Storm this season as speculation is mounting Billy Slater will require surgery on an injured shoulder at the end of the Origin series. Cameron Munster much like Slater is very fast and if he spots half a gap he could create a try scoring opportunity, Munster also possesses a very impressive passing game and despite being so raw to the NRL his positioning seems to be quite impressive. For these reasons Munster is this week’s danger man. 

Teams:

Melbourne Storm (3rd) (coming into the round)

01. Cameron Munster

02. Mahe Fonua

03. Tohu Harris

04. Kurt Mann

05. Richie Kennar

06. Blake Green

07. Ben Hampton  

08. Jesse Bromwich

09. Ryan Hinchcliffe (C)

10. Jordon McLean

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Tim Glasby

13. Dale Finucane

14. Young Tonumaipea

15. Kenny Bromwich

16. Christian Welch

17. Felise Kaufusi 

Coach: Craig Bellamy

Changes: The Storm lose Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith and Will Chambers to Origin duties. As a result Tohu Harris has been named in the centers with Tim Glasby shifting to the back row and Young Tonumaipea has been named on the bench.

Expected Changes: Some mail Tohu Harris may revert back to the back row with Young Tonumaipea shifting to the wing, Mahe Fonua going to the centers. This would mean Tim Glasby goes back to the bench.

Parramatta Eels (15th) (coming into the round)

01. Reece Robinson

02. Semi Radradra

03. Ryan Morgan

04. Brad Takairangi

05. Bureta Faraimo

06. Corey Norman

07. Chris Sandow

08. Junior Paulo

09. Nathan Peats

10. Tim Mannah (C)

11. Manu Maú * (suspended during week)  

12. Tepai Moeroa

13. Anthony Watmough

14. David Gower

15. Darcy Lussick

16. Danny Wicks

17. Pauli Pauli

18. Daniel Alvaro

Coach: Brad Arthur

Changes: Will Hopoate is on Origin duty with Ryan Morgan replacing him in the centers and Bureta Faraimo coming onto the wing. Darcy Lussick also is scheduled to make his NRL return with Daniel Alvaro named on an extended bench.

Expected Changes: As we all know by now Manu Maú is out due to suspension, word is Pauli Pauli may start with Daniel Alvaro coming onto the bench. Although in saying that Joseph Paulo is maybe included in the final 17.

2 Key match ups:

01. Jesse Bromwich vs Junior Paulo: The first key matchup I would like to highlight for this Monday night's clash is a battle of the prop forwards, Eels monster Junior Paulo vs Storm meter eater Jesse Bromwich. Over the past few seasons Jesse Bromwich has become one of the most admired props in the game. Bromwich has some amazing attributes which include; the ability to make massive amounts of meters per game, attract a number of defenders, offload at will and score an unusually high amount of tries for a prop. Those attributes mentioned above have Bromwich renowned as one of the best props in world. As we all know by now the Storm will be without Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk for this encounter not only does this put the Storm at a huge disadvantage it gives Bromwich a major role within the Melbourne Storm machine, he will basically be tasked with the job of leading/carrying the Storm forward pack. If the Storm are to stand a chance of knocking off the Eels Bromwich would have to have a whopper of a game. Now moving onto Eels prop Junior Paulo, who let's face it, he is just about the game’s biggest prop and the closest thing the NRL has to a monster. Paulo is said to weigh in at 118KG's (I am sure that's a lie more like 125KG's in my opinion) and stand 188cm tall. Since returning from suspension over a fortnight ago Paulo has averaged well over 110m per game. Paulo who started his return from the bench has since made his way into the Eels starting line up ahead of the very impressive Danny Wicks. At his young age Paulo is already seen as a leader in the Eels forward pack that consists of Tim Mannah, Anthony Watmough and Manu Ma'u (not this week) Paulo definitely possesses the attributes needed to become a successful rep prop in the future. The Eels will want to get the very best out of Paulo if they are to trek down to Melbourne and claim a much needed two points. 

02. Blake Green vs Corey Norman: The second key matchup I would like to highlight for this encounter is a battle of the pivots, Eels game breaker Corey Norman up against Storm quiet achiever Blake Green. A player that once called Parramatta home a former Eels Junior, Blake Green had spent many a season in the English Super League before arriving at the Melbourne Storm this season. In saying that the recruitment of Green from the Storm has been very much a masterstroke especially considering the trouble Melbourne have had finding a quality five eighth (since Gareth Widdop departed). Although that the flashiest player in the NRL Green has received much praise for his ability to adapt to the Melbourne Storm style of play and form a very nice combination with Cooper Cronk. You could say Green has been the missing link the Storm have desired for ever so long, Green along with Cronk and company may be able to put the Storm in a position to have a real crack at the premiership this season. Although in saying that this week will become a big test for Green as he will be given the sole job of running the Melbourne Storm attack in the absence of Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater. Now moving onto Eels star five eighth Corey Norman who despite the Eels shocking loss to the Cowboys last week was quite impressive. In a season that has been fairly disappointing for the Eels thus far Norman has been a shining light and widely tipped as the current Eels halve that will partner 2016 recruit Kieran Foran next season ahead of the enigmatic Chris Sandow. Following the departure of Jarryd Hayne before the start of this season a lot of the Eels attacking dynamic has come from halves Corey Norman and Chris Sandow and considering the Eels record this season there has been a variety of complications in attack at times. The Eels will want Corey Norman to be at his attacking best if they are to defeat the Storm come Monday night. 

My tip: My tip for this week is based on the line up the Melbourne Storm named this week and the way I am expecting the Eels to react after losing to the Cowboys in the way they did last Monday night. The Storm are missing a number of stars including Slater, Cronk, Smith and Korobete to name a few. So their capacity to score points has taken a massive hit. Whereas I am expecting the Eels to come out fired up after the way they lost to the Cowboys last week. In conclusion i am very confident (on paper this points to an easy Eels win), I am tipping a big Eels victory, Eels 40, Storm 14.

Man of the match: Nathan Peats / Corey Norman

Enjoy the game, GO THE EELS !!!

Views: 4820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Honestly if we don't switch off this should be a drubbing. Parra should put on thirty what our defence will leak is the question. Our defence has been beyond ordinary but any team without three of their spine would be lucky to cross the stripe more than twice. We are however talking about the at times wonderfull, diabolical ,explosive, imploding eels.
Eels 36-22 there bound to leak some points(hope not!)
This is a big one! Eels by 6

The last couple of times Storm have smashed us at AAMI park.  As a Melbournian I have been dreading this game.  Fortunately I have a client down from Sydney tonight who has no idea of NRL and has insisted we go to dinner.  Being a weak pr1ck I agreed.

Looking forward getting home to see a score in our favor but not expecting anything to get me excited about.  

Hope the du jours are fresh!

Final squad:-

Eels Squad:

1. Reece Robinson 2. Semi Radradra 3. Ryan Morgan 4. Brad Takairangi 19. John Folau 6. Corey Norman 7. Chris Sandow 8. Junior Paulo 9. Nathan Peats 10. Tim Mannah 14. David Gower 12. Tepai Moeroa 13. Anthony Watmough

Interchange: 15. Darcy Lussick 16. Danny Wicks 17. Pauli Pauli 20. Kaysa Pritchard

Full time Holden Cup

4m4 minutes ago

Conversion is good and that’s FT! Eels NYC take a 48-12 win

Maybe the coach swap was a good thing? New signing for us in josh grant playing in the halves too.
Great blog Capt. No surprise there.
If Parra play like they did last week for 80 mins the score could be anything.
I think we will play well, Sandow will play to the BA script and we will win 32 - 10.

EELS BY 30+, Get on it.

Ya reckon ......

Are we really this bad carlo? we are just shit sometimes.

How good is sandows defence........... :/

RSS

© 2018   Created by 1Eyed Eel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service