What Should We Do With Our Cap

I'm just going to assume that we have around 1.5 million in the cap for 2018. What do we do with it?

Re-Signings

I reckon we upgrade Nathan Brown until 2020 on 600k. At the moment he is under 200k and he will be in demand for next season. Cameron King is another key player we need to re-sign. He has been playing well enough to get an extension, and possibly have him start with Kaysa come off the bench. Willis Meehan, Marata Niukore, Kirisome Auva'a, Honeti Tuha, George Jennings and David Gower are also players that should be re-signed by the club. Gutherson could also do with an upgrade. Semi Radradra also needs to be brought back from France around round 10

Players to Sign

A decent prop is probably the most required signing, but there is no great options out on the market. Kevin Naiqama is not wanted by the Tigers and could be injury cover. Hooker is also a position we might be interested in but the best out there is Michael Lichaa or Dylan Plythian 

Any other ideas?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Agree with most of it.

But I'm really hoping they can they can lock up Radradra for the long term aswell.

Also think this is a turning point for Tim Mannah so if he decides to retire we might have some more cash to go after another starting prop.
    • That is true, but there is a lack of them on the market. Kane Evans may be a straight swap

• This reply was deleted.
    • If Jason Taomololo and Woods are on 1 mill, Nathan Brown should be at least 600k
  • Still, even 300k means a possible new signing
  • He gets a certain amount discounted from his actual salary off the cap due to long-service. 

• Hopefully about 95%.

• lol any excuse to keep Captain soft serve.  He can't even stay on the field for anymore than 5 mins at a time.

Time for Timmy to give the game away, for his own sake.

• x100.

Its amazing the levels some people will stoop to keep the worst captain in the history of our club.

Hes past it and by some margin. Time to leave gracefully methinks.

• Assuming the $1.5m is roughly correct then I think we should convert it to Bronco Dollars asap... this way we will have about 3 times as much to spend.

• That made me chuckle.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
4 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
9 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
10 minutes ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We'll just been watching Matty John's Late, Hindy n Fletch interviewing Dragons - Lawrie, Lomax n Coach son, gotta say Lawrie n Lomax complete fuckwits. Coach son was pretty cool but other two prime nobs
Dragons can keep Lomax cause we have a No…"
44 minutes ago
More…