RAY PRICE: THE MOVIE

Has anyone read Ray Price's autobiography "Perpetual Motion?" It needs to be a movie. I'm not kidding. Ray working his arse off by day as a brickie, living in Bankstown, his kids getting bullied at school every day fueling his hatred for Canterbury. Life is going shit, marriage on the rocks, then his best mate Crowey almost loses an eye and is forced to retire. Almost! Ray goes to Mick's hospital bed and whispers in his ear that they're gonna win the GF together and he finally inspires Mick to get back on the field and play the GF with one working eye. They win the game of course off Crowey's boot - still only GF to not have a try scored (we say that in writing at the end when the movies finished; "The 1986 Grand Final is still the only Grand Final to have no try scored") Heaps of biff, spear tackles, anger, war. A running comedic feud between Ray and Sterlo (as Sterlo plays pokies) over whether RL will ever be a fully professional sport (Sterlo says yes, Ray says no.) Throw in an obligatory Aussie film bank robbery and we'll all be up collecting our AFIs next year. That's right, US! Eels fans. See, we crowd fund it. Like on Indiegogo. We raise 2 mill to make it right and shoot the ultimate Rugby League movie painting the Bulldogs as the maggots they were, are, and forever shall be. They'll try to make their own movie in revenge of course but it'll suck and fuck them. Let's tell it from our perspective and let history judge as it will. Couple of cameos, Mal Meninga planning a political career but can't keep his mitts off the girls after a few ales, Bob Hawke at the GF off his nut. A song by Guru Growth that brings tears to every eye in the cinema - (something like Moana but instead of the dream being to sail down the ocean it's to sail down the sideline.) Seriously, let's just make this fucking thing instead of sitting on our arses for the NEXT 31 years dreaming about it!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A new batch of Meth hit the streets?

• WTF did I just read???? Not sure any eels fans would be willing to fund it, if it means Ray himself profits. Lmao
    • Why shouldnt he profit from it?

You have 100's of shitbag that played for Parra, earned 100 times more and offered 100 times less.

Look I don't give a shit about RP opinions good or bad.

Parra wouldnt have been as successful without him.

• Too right
  • It would definitely need subtitles.

• Is that you pricey.
    Now the board has stopped ex players trying to run the club I suppose they need look for new ways stay relevant.
  • You're all shooting it down. Just forget Pricey's post playing time.

He is after all THE GREATEST EEL ever.

I'd be up for it.

• Fund the full amount then!!!
  • I'll wait until it comes on Free To Air .
  • Pricey is a legend, but I hadn't read the book either. My Dad bought it for me so it's around here somewhere, I hope he didn't take it back 'cos I'll never find  it.

Great blog wazzamatta. 

But one correction Pricey was a chippy, not a brickie like Pebbles and P. Mares.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 minute ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
2 minutes ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
8 minutes ago
EA replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I am happy to get Lomax, as long it doesn't destroy Talagi's future with the club. Also depends what type of Sivo we get. Because personally based on form, I think we need a winger more than a centre."
11 minutes ago
More…