Perhaps A Good Idea From NRL 360?

Fox Sport last night revealed an interesting, and disturbing ,statistic.Since 2016 the Eels have lost 8 games after leading by 14 points or more! Later on NRL 360 it was said that Benji Marshall said, after West Tigers beat the Roosters, that Ivan Cleary had been coaching the Tigers in how to win games! So NRL360 was to examine just how that could be done. Josh Reynolds, now at the Tigers, was guest and he revealed something of what Cleary was coaching in how to win games. The Tigers players train hard for 90 minutes each training day. Normally, they would then stop and go home or whatever. But Cleary, then after 90 minutes of training, divides the players into two league sides which play a full- on game of league ,tackling and all! He did not say how long this went on for said a lot of players did not like it. They were fatigued after the 90 minutes of training and the last thing they wanted was a game of league. There was a suggestion that the losing side is put through even more work after losing the game. So both sides are keen not to lose. As a result Reynolds said there were some blow- ups between the players. He did not say too much more but indicated that the players have bought into it now. The way the Tigers beat the Roosters near full time indicate that Cleary`s method of how to win games is having some positive affect. Both Marshall and Reyolds claimed that that was the case. It would pay the Eels to get more information on this to determine if it is worthwhile. I am sure other clubs will be doing so. I must say that I noticed a change in the Tigers attitude. They reminded me of the Storm and how the players play for and protect each other.

Franky Fong has claimed that the Eels directors will now be looking at all things in the football department. There was a $10 million loss last year, so it would be no surprise that something needs to be done about  that. It has been recognised that the only way a football department can make a profit, rather than a loss, is to win the competition. The Eels have lost, since 2016, 8 games after leading by 14 points or more at a cost of many millions of dollars. The directors will surely be looking at that.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm sure the Storm have a site tent method as would the Roosters. Manly have theirs and so on. It means nothing... The Eels always seem to start slow, but I'm sure BA would be training them to finish the second half off. We will see an improved side this Sunday otherwise changes are coming.
  • 8 games that's unreal... BA needs to fix this up otherwise it will be another long year
    We looked fatigue late in that first half and it only got worse from there
    Maybe we were training to hard and just looked flat out there

I still think we can beat manly this Sunday
  • They've won one game FFS.
    •  The Ape, I can assure you that I can count. A sample of one in statistics is the very worst sample one can take.

My heading begins with the word Perhaps. You know what that means don`t you? I suggested that the Eels looked at what West are doing with the aim of determining if it was worth while. If it is not worth while, don`t do it--simple as that.  West Tigers play the Storm down at Melbourne on Saturday. It is being promoted as darling Billy`s 300 games. What are the chances that the Tigers get an even go with the penalty count? Zero!   But, I don't think West Tigers would beat them anyway with coaching to win or otherwise. Both the players Marshall and Reynolds thought that coaching had an affect.

• No no no no no.
  • Yeah I think tigers will probably win the comp now.
    • LOL yep based on ONE game, it has to be a Tigers v Warriors Grand Final.... When can I buy tickets?!?!?!

• So it looks like Cleary has found a sure-fire way to burn his players out by mid season! 

P.S. They won one Fcuking game BY 2 POINTS in round 1 against a team whose spine is still learning to play together (and Keary out too) FMD... Remember Dragons last year?

• This reply was deleted.
    • You're basing this on what fongy said. Seriously
    • It comes within the ambit of the directors to attend to the matter of the $10 million loss. It may even be a legal requirement that they do so. That attention may include who is getting what and who is earning it, for example. I will not comment on the philistinism of the replies other than to suggest they read  what I wrote not what they thought I wrote. Thinking is hard work and a minute is a long time. Your reply is full of accepting failure and claiming it to be success. The only success we can have is winning the competition.   

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"When was the last time a premiership was won with an expensive centre?
It's not the formula to success "
14 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I agree Mutts, I actually don't mind us going with him at Centre and forgetting Lomax. "
28 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Hmmm maybe I will have to reconsider my comment as you are making some very good points 😂"
29 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Melbourne badly need middles too, not sure why they would get rid of one of their best."
30 minutes ago
More…