Perhaps A Good Idea From NRL 360? No2

Will, it seems that coaching a team to win games as per Cleary @ West Tigers is working. Two wins out of two games is a 100% result.Those two wins came against two teams who were expected to defeat the West Tigers rather easily. Those "experts" who bagged my suggestions in PAGI F NRL No 1, are, hopefully, reduced to silence on football matters.If we don`t win tomorrow there should be some effort to do what Cleary does. After all if you can`t beat them, join them! I suppose Cleary will be now named as the latest great coach! obvious to everyone for sometime. It is only two games and it can so easily go pear shape by the intervention of our wonderfull neutral referees.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Everyone coaches to win games. Main thing is tigers look very fit and are putting in for each other defensively.
    • Michael Ericson: Perhaps I put it not very clearly. As I understand what Benji Marshall and Reynolds put it, the coach has a period, after the normal 90 minute training day, Which they called How To Win. Did not say how long this period went on for. Two teams are selected to oppose each other in a game of Rugby League. The coaching staff adjudicate on the game. The losing side is penalised by doing extra work--unclear on this and no details were given. The players did not like this at first and there were some blow-ups between the players. You can imagine that after 90 minutes of hard training you are required to play a game a league against your team mates would not go down too well. The players have now bought into this. No details were given if this was an every day requirement or a once a week procedure or if it is still a part of West Tigers training. Beni Marshall volunteered this information and Reynolds confirmed it a couple of days later on NRL 360.

• Ok yeah that’s a pretty interesting tweak on training but I’m sure it’s not something totally new to top flight NRL teams. The tigers are very playing very calm controlled footy and that’s a reflection on the coach who is a very calm individual. However the difficulty begins when you lose those tight games which the tigers easily could have - then the challenge is to keep trusting the system.
    • Robert don't get me started on the big 4 myth.
  • Give them a few more weeks, they will get fatigued and injuries will hit. Only round 2, but they are playing good footy ATM.
    • DGH: Nobody is asserting that WT`s will go through the season undefeated. I can`t tell the future but it is almost certain that WT`s, and all other clubs will suffer  debilitating injuries.

•  ME. Ask Marshall and Reynolds what they think, it was they who revealed that information unasked. I find your assertion that the WT`s are playing calm controlled footy is a reflection of their coach difficult to swallow.It  was only some months ago that WT`s were playing poor football under the  same "very calm individual".And that was with two origin players on board--Teddy and Woods-- who are not there now. Some thing has changed.

• Robert, you do know that players can get better don't you ?

If the Tigers are playing better now than they were last year that actually proves that Cleary is a pretty good coach I would've thought.

• Brett Allen: I mentioned in another place that people will soon be claiming Cleary a great coach. You seem to be well on your way to doing just that. Won two games--minimal evidence I would suggest.

If Cleary is a "pretty good coach" for winning two games this year. How would you describe a coach who has lost two games this year? A pretty poor coach?

• I’m not basing it on just two games Robert, I’m basing it on his career body of work, which suggests that the guy knows a thing or two about the game.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Big D replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Unfortunately, in this space, the biggest problem are our three biggest earners, Paulo, RCG and Matterson. The others you mentioned are beginning to be found out as imposters. We need a mass clean out.In a perfect world we would keep:
Gutho (to…"
2 minutes ago
Archie replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"As a supporter group can we please all please unite on one thing. Let's petition the NRL for no more Thursday, Friday or even Saturday games. I'm sick of starting my weekends in a near depressed state."
7 minutes ago
LB replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion BA please resign
"It is gone. To win you need top 4 and we will be lucky to make 8. Issues is if we scrape into the 8, BA is safe and the pattern repeats."
9 minutes ago
Flow Basket replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I think Ba cooks his players pains were so fresh and young perfect for the trip"
19 minutes ago
More…