Paulo compared to Mateo

I really liked what paulo did yesterday , he had great strong runs , good passing close to the line . I think he was putting a little bit of pressure off the halves, and didn't make many errors . Now compared to parramatta with Mateo , I find that he was more error prone and wuld give away some stupid penalties . Also paulo is all round fitter . I think he should definatley stay in the squad even as interchange.Your thoughts ?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was going to blog on Paulo too. First thing, looked a totally transformed player to the unfit, overweight player we saw last year who struggled to keep pace with even 10 minutes of NRL last year.

Thought he did brilliantly, and one thing I noticed being so close to the 20m mark at the game, was that he was quite a dominant figure out there. Was doing a lot of talking and organising.

Basically, he's made the kind of improvement that I expected to see from Horo this year and if he plays at that standard he will be in the 17 all year.

• Agreed, he did really well. Still cut we lost that game, we deserved atleast a point.

• Speaking of Horo, what has happened to him? He is SO inconsistent! And his defense is pathetic, especially against smaller men.

• Get rid of the beard. There's no place for beards in professional rugby league anymore!

• I think Paulo was part of the Eels team under Hagin?

• No, that was Junior Paulo, who I think is at the Panthers now. Joseph Paulo joined us mid-way through last year from the Panthers. If you'd like to add a bit more confusion, we have another Junior Paulo in our Junior side.

• who is the junior of the junior paulos

• Yes Paulo was the big suprise ( along with our wingers ) on the night - hope he continues to improve - looks better then Horo at the moment and looks fit - he was always looking to put on a big hit and he ran and passed the ball very well....

One of our better players on the night!!

• Let's hope he keeps it up weekin week out. Good too see a few young blokes stepping up and impressing this year.
  • was impressed with Paulo too he and lasalo played a great 2nd row pair with hindy be great . like chase blair and kenny sio too

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Grunta the great replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Harper
Waqa
Foran
French"
58 minutes ago
Poupou Escobar replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"No it was Stuart."
2 hours ago
TKBK replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Twice this year we have had an outside back go down, and it's caused us all sorts of drama. I'd be happy to have Blaize play that role all year he's not in the starting team. Covers every spot in  the backline and with the concussion rules, and the…"
4 hours ago
BEM replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"I can't see that happening. 
This looks like another "just in case" selection and I doubt Talagi will get many minutes if any."
4 hours ago
More…