Paul Kent has a massive sook

The whole thing stinks’: Jarryd Hayne salary sacrifice at Eels under fire — Media WatchEELSDecember 4, 2017 4:55pmby STAFF WRITERSSource: FOX SPORTSJarryd Hayne is off to the Eels after getting a release from his Titans deal.Jarryd Hayne is off to the Eels after getting a release from his Titans deal.Source: AAPJARRYD Hayne’s $700,000 salary sacrifice to join Parramatta may have been made under noble pretences but the terms of the deal has got many people across the game scratching their heads.The NRL must consider a player’s notional value before green lighting any contracts and NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent sees no way that could be the case with Hayne’s Eels return.Speaking on Fox Sports News 500, a fired-up Kent tore into the NRL over their failure to show the rigour needed in evaluating the Hayne deal.Watch every NRL premiership game live in 2018 on Fox Sports. Sign up here to stream for free on a two week trial >'The whole thing stinks''The whole thing stinks''The whole thing stinks'1:41The senior News Corp journalist even launched at a conspiracy theory, tabling the idea that getting Hayne’s salary off the Titans books could help the NRL-owned club’s imminent sale to private investors.“To be honest, I think the whole thing stinks. I think there’s a smell about this,” Kent said.“I don’t see how the NRL can justify Jarryd Hayne taking a $1.2 million deal, walking out on it and being allowed to get under the cap at Parramatta for $500,000.“I’ve got no concept of me can figure out why that’s a fair deal.“The NRL, I’ve spoken to them today about it, they’ve argued that’s what Jarryd’s current market value is, but how do you establish that?“The fact is, he hasn’t gone to market and if you try to sign any other player in the NRL and try to take $700,000 off his contract price, I don’t think the NRL would register it.”Kent said he had several theories for why the NRL might bend the rules to help the Titans and Parramatta get the controversial deal through without fuss.“Let’s also remember that they are an NRL-owned club at the present and the NRL are trying to offload them, so to get rid of that (Hayne’s contract) off the bottom line, maybe that helps as well.” Kent said.“Look, I could start spouting a dozen conspiracy theories here but until someone gets some clarification from the NRL and some explanation, I think we’re entitled to ask a few questions.”

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kent in December???? Leave us alone you germ.
    Now I love Hayne coming home.
  • Can’t be any clearer he dislikes the eels. He even reminds everybody in the video that we are the club who cheated the cap two years ago
  • What an idiot. It's OK for other clubs to sign players below their worth but not Parra.
  • I reckon Kent thinks 'the whole thing stinks' loll
  • Does this guy have an axe to grind or what?

Seriously East can sign who ever they want and know one bats an eyelid (SBW).

Broncos sign James Roberts for Peanuts and say they are better off cap wise then before he came again media just go move along nothing to see here.

Dragons sign Gasnier for $50000 win the comp and that's OK.

And yet a guy like who Hayne who was no way worth 1.2Mil a season to begin with comes in for closer to what his worth and this bloke fires up.

Kent go take your agenda and shove it.

• Maybe it's cos Jarryd can spill some beans on how much coercion was used perhaps ???
  • What a massive kent
  • This says a lot, here we are questioning why Jarryd Hayne never returned to Parra after he promised he would. Well your answer right there! After Parramatta were deducted our points, fined, players released, had our board removed & the NRL wouldn't allow us to know how much salary cap we had leading into a new season. Could you imagine this shit head back page stories? He would have crucified us from pillar to post all year. We would have been in the news daily reminding the league supporters, of our indiscretions. The whole salary cap issue & Hayne form would have been Daily Telegraph top stories. I think things have worked out well, make no mistakes, Kent wants us to fail, he will stop at nothing to do that!!!
  • Someone needs to teach Kent the basics of economics. Market value is determined by how much someone is willing to pay for a service, versus how much someone is willing to accept to provide that service...
    • Lol
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
4 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
5 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
5 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
5 hours ago
More…