• Adrian Proszenko

Parramatta are on a collision course with their major sponsor after Dyldam allegedly fell more than half a million dollars in arrears in its scheduled payments.

The Eels and Dyldam are likely to part company at the end of the season regardless of whether the property development and construction group meets a payment plan outlined by the club.

Dyldam and the Eels have fallen out over sponsorship payments.Dyldam and the Eels have fallen out over sponsorship payments. Photo: Photo: Jessica Hromas

Dyldam has been a corporate supporter of the Eels since 1998, with the company taking up the jersey sleeve sponsorship five years ago. They have enjoyed naming rights honours and the pride of place on the Eels jersey in recent years, but officials have become frustrated by their inability to meet their financial obligations in a timely fashion.

A source close to the matter said: "They always pay, but they're always late."

Parramatta have endured the most tumultuous season in the club's history following a series of dramas including the salary cap scandal, troubled former skipper Kieran Foran's departure with three years remaining on his contract, the Corey Norman drugs saga and the Semi Radradra domestic violence allegations, to name a few.

It's understood Dyldam had attempted to negotiate a reduction of its promised payments based on reputational damage to their brand via its association with the Eels. However, the club is adamant it is entitled to the full amount agreed upon.

Former Parramatta powerbrokers had tolerated Dyldam's tardiness because they feared they had few other corporate alternatives available to them. However, temporary administrator Max Donnelly, parachuted in with an edict to get the blue and golds on track on and off the field, won't tolerate financial commitments not being met.

The Eels believe their brand is worth a seven-figure amount next season after shedding the officials deemed responsible for overseeing the systematic rorting of the salary cap. It's unlikely Dyldam will be able to agree to such a commitment, and other corporates are being lined up with a view to filling the void.

Donnelly has already begun to improve the club's bottom line since the NSW government sacked the Parramatta Leagues Club board, which also oversees the Eels. After seeking independent legal advice, Donnelly dropped the club's appeal against the NRL sanctions, negotiating a $250,000 reduction from the governing body's $1 million fine for salary cap breaches in the process.

The Eels have recently extended the contract of coach Brad Arthur until the end of 2019 and will soon receive definitive rulings around their salary cap position that will allow them to extend the contracts of more than half a dozen players.

Parramatta has also begun interviewing candidates for the vacant CEO and football manager positions with a view to filling the positions over the off season.

The blue and gold will stage their final game at Pirtek Stadium next week against St George Illawarra before the arena is knocked down and redeveloped.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Got to be honest, from a purely ascetic reasons I'm happy we are parting ways, it looks shit on the jersey with connotations of Dild@es, its a bad look lol.

• Haha, I couldn't get that image out of my head either..............the word not the phallus!

With a new naming sponsor the media haters might stop trying ....us.

• yep, cocked the jersey right up for mine.

• Good riddance to bad Rubbish. This was Tom Issa doing. Dylcrap came on board far less to wat pirtek had sponsored parra for.
  • This reply was deleted.
    • I'm not sure what you mean. He is a partner at a big accounting firm and is doing his job in trying to get the maximum benefits for the football club. When they find a CEO and new board he will be gone.
    • Bug, what a weird comment. What do you mean?
  • Reputational damage?? Clearly Seward is the Marketing Manager of Dyldam. How much publicity did they get this year by virtue of us being in headlines all year! I'd never heard of Dyldam before they sponsored Parra so not too sure how much damage was done to their reputation. Membership levels at record highs, one of aust sports most well known brands-surely the major sponsor of the eels has to be 7 figures+ and the first number should be 5 and above
  • Dyldo is a very close partner of Ray Hadleys show . Nuff said ..... They do have a valid point about damage to their name this year.
  • I wonder, did they sell more Dyldams by sponsoring us?
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion It is not Arthur's fault: Gus Gould
"He mentioned Matt Cameron"
34 seconds ago
LB replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"lol Carty said he was pissed off that media was gunning for BA before Dolphins.
Goes on to miss half arsed attempted talking on JMS for the Fuller try. Great way to show you love BA"
1 minute ago
Hugo replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"How about Anotonolli - the so called defence coach ???
And Murphy - everyone's best friend 
And Cayless - probably the most useless coach ever to be handed a team sheet...
If Bennett ever decided to join us ... There will be absolute mass sackings. "
1 minute ago
Angry Eel replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Ethan Sanders / BA
"How do you know he won't play 1st grade? Strange has only played a handful of 1st grade games, he could fall into a massive heap over the next few weeks when teams work him out. Sanders chances of jumping Fogarty and Strange is much much higher than…"
2 minutes ago
More…