Staring down the barrel of receiving the wooden spoon the Parramatta Eels fortunes are looking to take another punishing blow. Now I can't find any articles to back this up but driving to work this morning listening to the radio, it was reported that the eels are about to come under more salary cap scrutiny. The club has apparently been housing a number of players in apartments rent free? Not sure if anyone else has heard anything, just sharing what i heard. In a brighter side....and this should make everyone happy, the roosters are looking to sign Cameron Munster as Cooper Cronks replacement. Go figure.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's almost time to just stop supporting this form of entertainment....it hasn't been a game for years.

• Unfortunately you make a valid point

• Lots of team give players free accomo. Sam Burgess stayed at Russell Crowe's mansion on the water which would be worth 100 times more then a unit in parra and most teams have house for all young players from out of town.
    If we get done for this that will do me, it is BS and shows the NRL only target some teams while others get away with what ever they want.
    • Imagine what the Storm big 3 have gotten for free over the years.

Jet ski's, boats, houses, holidays and more no doubt.

The Broncos and Rorters as well. Why is it so obvious and has been for many years yet nothing is done about it? The NRL takes the average fan as a fool.

• Yeah, I'll stop following the sport if Parra get done for this. Start following the AFL a bit closer
  • Well Parra Leagues own the block of units next to the leagues club and have had under 20's living there for many years, it hasn't been a secret. Before everyone gets to exciited let's see what if any truth there is to the story.

• Parramatta Eels deny salary cap breach
    Author NRL.com Timestamp Tue 21 Aug 2018, 08:01 AM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twiiter
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    Parramatta have denied they have broken the salary cap, following a media report claiming the club had provided below-market rental properties to their players.

A report in The Australian stated that a former employee of Parramatta contacted NSW Gaming and Racing Minister Paul Toole about the allegations.

Under salary cap regulations if a club provides accommodation to players it must be recorded at market value.

On Tuesday, Administrator Max Donnelly denied the club had violated the salary cap.

"The Club categorically denies that there have been any salary cap issues regarding players and property post the 2016 season," Donnelly said in a statement released by Parramatta.

"The Club has been open and transparent with the NRL on all Salary Cap matters and no specific issues have been raised by them since I was appointed Administrator in 2016."

The Australian said there was no suggestion Parramatta players had done anything wrong.

In 2016 Parramatta were docked 12 competition points and fined $1 million for breaches of the salary cap dating back to 2013.
  • Parramatta Eels deny salary cap breach
    Author NRL.com Timestamp Tue 21 Aug 2018, 08:01 AM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twiiter
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    Parramatta have denied they have broken the salary cap, following a media report claiming the club had provided below-market rental properties to their players.

A report in The Australian stated that a former employee of Parramatta contacted NSW Gaming and Racing Minister Paul Toole about the allegations.

Under salary cap regulations if a club provides accommodation to players it must be recorded at market value.

On Tuesday, Administrator Max Donnelly denied the club had violated the salary cap.

"The Club categorically denies that there have been any salary cap issues regarding players and property post the 2016 season," Donnelly said in a statement released by Parramatta.

"The Club has been open and transparent with the NRL on all Salary Cap matters and no specific issues have been raised by them since I was appointed Administrator in 2016."

The Australian said there was no suggestion Parramatta players had done anything wrong.

In 2016 Parramatta were docked 12 competition points and fined $1 million for breaches of the salary cap dating back to 2013.
  • What a disgrace if true lol at this club
  • An ex employee, what a surprise
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parra_Greg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think it goes far back to the Michael Jennings situation and how he really left us in the lurche at a real critical time during a prelim semi.  He and Fergo were our last quality back signings and we really have not been able to bring anyone…"
8 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Pops, good blog.
Absolutely. R&R & managing the cap would be a nightmare. Gould says it keeps him up at night. Every signing is a risk with are so many balls in the air. Player managers, business associates and partners, spouses, family influences,…"
8 minutes ago
Offside replied to Muttman's discussion Moses Injury Update (from NRL Physio)
"Whilst the loss of Mich is huge it will be a great reviler of the culture in the club Penrith and Melbourne get injuries but you never truly write them off because the next man up approxh and jersey culture means they are never out.

If we compete…"
35 minutes ago
adnan replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Was blaze that good? I think he is very raw and maybe needs another yr "
42 minutes ago
More…