Niukore to debut

Eels: 1 Clint Gutherson (c), 2 Bevan French, 3 Michael Jennings, 4 Brad Takairangi, 5 George Jennings, 6 Corey Norman, 7 Mitchell Moses, 8 Daniel Alvaro, 9 Cameron King, 10 Peni Terepo, 11 Beau Scott (c), 12 Tepai Moeroa, 13 Manu Ma'u

Interchange: 14 Will Smith, 15 Suaia Matagi, 16 David Gower, 17 Marata Niukore

Reserves: 18 Josh Hoffman, 19 Siosaia Vave, 20 Jaeman Salmon, 21 Raymond Stone

Kenny Edwards is out pending a court appearance for a traffic violation. Cameron King replaces Will Smith (bench) at hooker. Manu Ma'u swaps to lock with Beau Scott who moves to second row. Marata Niukore has been named to make his debut in jersey 17 with Siosaia Vave dropping out. Young gun Jaemon Salmon makes his first appearance in the 21-man squad in the reserves but is unlikely to debut just yet.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Welcome to 1st grade Niukore

• Does this mean that Salmon is contracted in the top 30 squad?

• Definitely is
    • Not necessarily. He's named on the extended bench, meaning Parra don't need to ask for dispensation to play him. If, however, he were to be named in the 17 the club would have to ask for dispensation from the NRL to play him. Only likely to occur in the event of an injury to our halves.

• Well i have heard he is in the top 30, Mahoney is not.  We had to offer him a 3 year deal with top 30 money to pinch him.

• To me the big aspect of the naming of 3 new players, with Marata finally getting a long deserved run, that BA has signalled the beginning of changes to the playing roster.  Bout time, methinks.  Now its up to the chosen lot to show their abilities.

• I've heard he is in the top 30, we had to put him in there to pinch him off the Sharks.

• I am fairly certain he is part of our Top 30.
  • Tough start with the Warriors pack, good luck buddy!
  • It took kenny edwards running away from police for arthur to debut someone what a joke of a coach honestly hahah
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I wonder if the have Lomax on Right and move Penisini to left. Penisini is a Centre that can adapt, where Lomax has the pass that has him needed on the right.
But I think Lomax would be happy as long as it is Centre in a good team."
36 seconds ago
Slugg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think the club  is doing the right thing not paying 600 k to  800k for a good first grade player that can boost our chances of winning comp when they can sign 3 or 4 players for the same money that may boost our chances of winning a reserve grade…"
7 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Parra just need to stick to there process and add when we need to.
Lomax has all the potential which to this time is unrealised and that's before talking about money.
Blaize Sanders Penisini AMS you really want to see if these guys are something and…"
13 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
23 minutes ago
More…