Mbye for Norman?

I like what he is doing at the dogs this year, he has a very similar game as norman, exept he has been in good form playing at fullback, he is a very capable half and could strike a very nice combo with moses, not sure on Mbyes D though. Could be a clean swap with Norman,
Should our club consider this option?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
  • Mbye ain’t a half and the reason he’s been going good is because he’s playing where he belongs. Fullback

• Mbye?? MmmNO
  • Some players are nrl standard but we never see it until they move to their rightful position, think for example Brent Kite moving from second row to front row. Might seem like a minor change but boy was he a different player when he was moved. Also consider our very own Daniel Wagon, a slow so-so winger, but played very handy in the backrow. An example of a player who I feel should have been moved earlier is peter Wallace. He would have been a long term nsw hooker if he moved earlier. An out there example is Ben Roberts. He was terrible at five/eighth, I believe he was a centre. It’s a shame he never played there consistently, I think we would have seen a much better player.

• I always Luke Burt could have been a decent half but was winger / fback. He had good ball skills but Smithy had him as wing etc. 

• Yeah good point re Burt. I remember his debut in 1999. I was at that game. There was 100,000 of us. There was talk that he'd end up in the centres. That certainly was never gonna happen. One of my favourites burty boy.

• I agree mate - he did have a great skill set and he was a smart player as well.

He played a game to 6 against Manly at Brookie and had a bit of a shocker (I think we got flogged, which didn't help his cause) and I don't think he ever got another chance.

Pity, I reckon he could have been a hell of a lot better than the likes of Adam Dykes. He could kick in general play too.  He was actually a great talker on the park as well - he was fantastic at fullback until JH took the spot.

• I like his attitude. Id take him over Norman right now
    • but he's not a junior ;-)

• I would swap Norman for a dose of herpes on my knob if that’s what it took to get rid of him . 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…