King Gutho back this weekend

Just now Michael Chammas from NRL.com has revealed that Clint Gutherson will be named at fullback for this weekend's clash on Saturday.

After suffering an ACL injury in July 2017, Gutherson has been sorely missed from the Eels squad.

Brad Arthur has also quashed speculation that Mitchell Moses and Corey Norman don't get on with Arthur saying they often spend plenty of time together off the field.

It's also believed Bevan French and Kane Evans will also be available this week.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Make him captain as well.

• Good news hope French comes back aswell
  • Youd want him to come off the bench surely.
    I wouldn't put him at fullback for 80 after such a long lay off
    • French will probably fall back to fullback some time in the second half probably
    • Exactly - and I read recently that when warming up with the group before the tigers' game, his lateral movement was not that great and that was quite noticeable. I hope that's not true.

• That's what I saw. He jumped sideways instead of stepping, and it was quite obvious. Not sure if that was just preventative, but I'd like to think he has that lateral movement back now.

• Lets allow a little reality here.  Just maybe, Guth won't launch immediately into Dally M winning form in his first game. 

Like when he first started here at Parra, his progress from significant injury was cautious, as it ought to be.  I wouldn't be expecting miracles, but it will be great to see him back.

• Well he’d better,otherwise all the experts will have him in Wenty the following week.

• Let’s just hope he stays injury free! Or his career could well and truly be over.

• I doubt they'd have passed him fit if he couldn't move laterally.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"You know what happened last time you tucked the kids in Woody!"
17 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"This is one of my biggest concerns going forward. We don't seem to have anyone really coming through. Greig is a back end of season player, hits his form and fitness late in the season. 
This would be either Paulo's last or second last big minute…"
2 hours ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"6. Hopegood, going to be a great long term player if we keep him."
3 hours ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"1. Moses 
2. Gutho 
3. Lomax
4. Jennings 
5. Beau Scott, at the time he brought a lot to the team. What was a inexperienced side and forward pack. He helped build the foundations a lot. "
3 hours ago
More…