1Eyed Eel

Parramatta Eels Supporters Website

JAMESY RECIEVES PHONE CALL TO MEET UP WITH BERNIE GURR AND LARISSA

Our great friend and   BRILLIANT  jersey designer Jamsey has just received a phone call to discuss future jersey designs.  Bernie Gurr and Larissa are certainly reading the various discussions around the New ISC hooped jersey, and must be concerned around the initial reactions by fans on all platforms, be it 1EE, LU Twitter and Facebook. Hopefully one of Jamsey"s designs can come in as an alternate 2018 home or away jersey, and be discussed as our future permanent kit.

Permalink Reply by jamesy 10 minutes ago

So I just got a call from the Parramatta Eels club, Bernie and Larissa want to arrange a meeting with me to discuss the jersey. Not sure about what they want. If it's just to push their 60's design then they are wasting their time, but if they have interest in my designs then I'm happy to discuss. No date set. They will email me further details. Very interesting.

IF ALL EELS  SUPPORTERS WERE GIVEN A CHANCE TO VOTE ON ONE HOME AND ONE AWAY JERSEY, WHICH ONES WOULD YOU VOTE FOR ?

GROUP A

Views: 12381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah that's what I thought as well. The in store jersey looks navy blue not marine blue.

I like the yellow stripe colour better in the jersey above,much better than the colour below The design is very poorly developed.The Number one design is juvenile with no artistic concept. An improvement would be a darker orange around the border of the one instead of white. Overall very bad

I really like these colours.

Regardless of whether you like the jersey or not, I hope now that Bernie has taken this step, that the club actually does something about adopting these shades as the "official" Eels colours and as Matt said last week adopts a corporate pantone.

I was told today that the NRL requires an 18 month notice period on changes to the logo, so hopefully that's been put in, and we can get the logo in sync with the rest of the colouring by next season.

cowboys-home-jersey-2017Pretty simular to cowboy colours would much rather these colours

Image result for parramatta eels jersey 1986 [​IMG] 

PARRAMATTA-EELS-1960S-RETRO-JERSEY

Original 1960 and 70;s jerseys without navy blue darker colours. Bernie is trying to change the eels history.

Royal blue all the way.

jpav the blue colour mass  with the smaller yellow mass works very well with the Toyota gersey

I'd be happy with any of  these pantones

very plastic  yuk

what colours would you use? orange?

jamsey there are hundreds of shades from yellow to orange. I have spent a lot of time on this blog trying to get you to have a look at the full scope of colour combos in the yellow blue combo. My main issue with the yellow blue combo you have put up with is the yellow. Their is too much of it in my opinion and the VALUE Chroma is too close to the blue. I like the blue you use but would try and vary it a bit with tones/shade /chroma etc It is not easy to get it right. I am a perfectionist in my Art and struggle to get things right--bloody hard-you have an opportunity to get it right--these opportunities don,t come round that often. The main issue I have is the yellows. They are a very dominant colour  and need restraint to not look cheapening the visual.-therefore less yellow mass.The complementary to blue is orange. Which is close on the complementary colour range scale which is good but not perfect. A shift is movement to the orange side of yellow will give greater harmony  and a fresher look. However making the chroma intensity too close to the blue chroma intensity cheapens it You either need to make the orange yellow lighter or deeper onto the orange. I think the lighter yellow on the orange scale may work better with trialling it against the blue. slightly darker or lighter etc. I don,t have the computer skills to do it and it seems you do. Their are thousands of variations you could come up with to help you work it out as to the best fit. Not easy to say unless it is modelled with sketches etc. I did mention the magic artistic touch which might really set this jersey off. A think darker orange red yellow{you have to play with it} on the collar may do it. We tend to add frigging white in the Jersey which is a disaster. The orange yellow red would work really well instead of white. Your overall concept in design in the jersey you have come up with is very good. It would be interesting to see it with a higher blue mass with maybe 5 stripes maybe even 7 .I don,t know --have to see the model. Good to see it with the blue shorts which would  add to the visual. Sorry for being an arsehole about it --its the frustrated Artist in me who struggles for the ultimate--which is hard to get 

Attachments:

RSS

© 2017   Created by 1Eyed Eel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service