Update from Bazza via Fox Sports

Exclusive: Raider Junior Paul signs for Parramatta Eels on four-year, $2.8 million deal
RAIDERS
James Hooper
April 18, 2018 2:40pm
JAMES HOOPER@jimmyhooper
Source: FOX SPORTS
Junior Paulo: leaving Canberra for Parramatta.
Junior Paulo: leaving Canberra for Parramatta.Source: Getty Images

THE Parramatta Eels have outlaid a massive $2.8 million four-year deal to land the signature of Raiders enforcer Junior Paulo.

Despite denying a deal had been agreed less than 24 hours ago, Fox League has been assured Paulo will be returning to the Eels from next season.

The Eels have been the biggest flops of this season starting the year 0-6 with one of their glaring weaknesses being a lack of a power forward in the front row.

Paulo quit the Eels mid-season in 2016 to form a damaging front row combination with Shannon Boyd as the Raiders surged into the grand final qualifier.

But the front row forward was blasted by coach Ricky Stuart at the start of this season after returning from World Cup duties for Samoa at 130kg.

The Raiders fought hard to retain Paulo but ultimately the Eels $700,00-a-season offer gazumped them.

Paulo initially lefty Sydney to move away from “bad influences” but will now be returning to the Eels for 2019.

The Raiders are not expected to release Paulo this year.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The deal works out to roughly $600,000 per year.

• $700k per year

• Yeh, I didn't get past year 10 maths for a reason.

• Thank fuck youre not in charge of our salary cap super lol, we might be in a bit of trouble.

• LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• I think he is in charge of the roosters cap with those calculations.

•  $700,000 a season seems a dune deal.

• Its a start.
    Next ??
  • "No, I haven't agreed to terms (with the Eels), there's only been offers from several clubs from Sydney," Paulo said.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"When was the last time a premiership was won with an expensive centre?
It's not the formula to success "
11 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I agree Mutts, I actually don't mind us going with him at Centre and forgetting Lomax. "
25 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Hmmm maybe I will have to reconsider my comment as you are making some very good points 😂"
26 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Melbourne badly need middles too, not sure why they would get rid of one of their best."
27 minutes ago
More…