J. Hooper - Brad Arthur gone , Tapau 1 million

. Let’s talk footy!

Eely Bad: Any news on Marty the Poet Taupau’s movements for 2019?

JH: He’s being shopped around to rival clubs with an asking price of around $1 million per season.

Jim: Hoops, is Pengai Jr to the Knights a geniune chance? Would throwing the checkbook at him get him home?

JH: Don’t think so. I’d be surprised if he leaves the Broncos. He’s on record about how much he loves playing for Wayne

bigkahuna108: Does Gus come off looking like a goose if the Panthers get bundled out week 1 of the finals?

JH: Some people will try and slant it that way. Not for me. I speak to plenty of Panthers players and I know how tough they found it with Anthony Griffin.

Chookies: Do u reckon that Latrell will be the kangaroos and dally m centre of the year?

JH: I reckon Latrell is set for an epic finals series. So too James Tedesco. The Roosters fullback is just one of those players who loves the big stage. We saw what Latrell can do in State of Origin. He’s got some unfinished business at this end of the season now. Yes I reckon he goes very close to Dally M centre of the year.

Latrell is set for a masive finals season.

Latrell is set for a Hey Hoops, Any idea of how many changes will happen for the Eels 2019 season?

JH: A lot. The review of the entire football club operation is not far off being finished. I’d be thinking big changes.

Rob: Surely brad Arthur has to go this is the side he put together he has no idea on recruitment that alone is enough to see him sackedand of course his atrocious coaching that has lead to onther wooden spoon

JH: His position is currently under review with a year to run on his contract. The new chairman has backed him but there’s no doubt if things don’t improve sharply to start next season then BA is finished at the Eels.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Where does sit says he is gone?
    • It*
    • It doesn’t. Poster can’t read.
  • BA is here next year like or not. For a million a year we better not be going near tapua that's for sure

• I can’t believe Hooper gets paid for that rubbish . I could’ve written that . 

• Taupau won't be here next year. Too expensive for us apparently

• $1m is a lot

How much is he on at Manly?

• This reply was deleted.
        • Apparently he'll be on $900K next year. I wouldn't take him at full freight next season but I'd offer to take him off Manly's hands for $500-$600K. It'd give them some breathing room in the salary cap.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

HKF replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"Well said Kramer, I also didn't renew my season ticket this year. I had this overwhelming feeling that this rabble under BA was going to keep sliding down. I just couldn't stomach sitting through a season when the team is massively underperforming.…"
1 minute ago
Muttman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"To be any chance this side needs Gutho at 100%. Not at 80%"
2 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"It's to match the tape on his elbow and the tape on his knee. "
3 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"I think you have your blue and gold coloured glasses on if you can't see why he's disliked. He's arrogant , he's massively overated , and he owns a title such as " the king " . 
Picture if he was a Canterbury or Manly player all these years and look…"
4 minutes ago
More…