IMPORTANT: IP Address Monitoring/Banning

I just wanted to let everyone know that the underlying platform for 1Eyed Eel has just introduced IP address monitoring and banning.

This has a couple of implications. Firstly, I'll be able to identify if your using multiple profiles. Secondly, if you get suspended or banned it will be at an IP address level. Thirdly, if you make defamatory or threatening comments and someone wants to make an issue of it now, there's a good chance you'll be able to be tracked down.

I have no intention or time to go crawling through IP address trying to identify those people using multiple profiles and it's not something that particularly concerns me. HOWEVER, if I believe a profile is a fake and has simply been set-up for the purposes of harassment or other behaviour that contravenes the code of conduct, I do reserve the right to do an IP search. And do realise that if you are banned from here-on it, it is going to be far more difficult to get back in.

Secondly, if you make any comments that are defamatory in nature, and I get a request from the police or other such authority, then your IP address will be able to identified. 

I'm going to add this to the Code of Conduct information, so as all people are aware because I think its important people realise that they may not be as anonymous as they were previously.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Phil, Can you at least look up and tell us who Crapper is??????? unless its your alter ego :)

This should make things more transparent so I'm all for it.

Thanks for the update.

• Well done Phil. Donnsta and I will certainly refrain from harrassing anybody from now on.
    • I've already reported you two to Phil...

I always thought there were similarities, but you always seemed a bit nicer to me than Donnsta so I couldn't be sure.

• Sinbad and Wiz are the same identity, Fishy told me..........
    • Not correct -  I said that Sinbad, Wiz and me are all actually you, HH....

• Great move Phil! I was just wondering the other day if this was possible. Good luck trolls!

• Good stuff Phil, this should keep the trolls at bay.

• snake and donnsta are the same person - serious!

• I thought there would be more than five people reply to this in the first hour....

Maybe they're busy deleting accounts or setting up new ones at their friends place :)

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I also like the fact he's not comfortable getting great money and losing every week. He seems to have drive to be a winner and progress his career. He could take 800k and bludge on the wing if he wished. "
1 minute ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"If you pay 600k for Lomax and get the same improvement as we did from Carty than you have a million dollar player on 600.  Pretty easy to get your point if you're willing , EE. 
Id rather that approach than paying 400k too much for players in…"
5 minutes ago
LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Then again, tired middle opens up the ruck for Api to do his thing.
We will give him space but will halves help him. Our spine is much better with Gutho and Brown in there."
36 minutes ago
JB. Prints of Parra replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"What I could see happening is Lomax to the Chooks and Suaalii to the Eels "
1 hour ago
More…