Player with the ball is solely responsible for securing the ball. If they’re is a defenders hand on the ball and it comes lose stiff bickies. Hold it like you own it. Way too many rubbish penalties in this area for me. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd change the kick for touch rule after a penalty. This rule was made when balls were pigskins and would only travel 20m.

Now after a penalty your in the opposition's 20
    • Agree Cheif. Penalties have too much of an influence over the game as a result of kicking for touch
    • Agreed. Perhaps if there is continued or even just one subsequent penalty for the same infringement type, the ref can allow a kick for touch. Otherwise teams will very very very quickly work our ways to exploit this. Just like how they give away goal line penalties knowing penalty tries and/or send offs never happen anymore.
    • 10000%.

The refs dictate the outcome. Invariably the winner of the penalties wins the game.

Limit their impact and you will improve the game ten fold.

• Hmmm... But then we'd end up with 2 or 3 in the tackle and 3 more trying to rip the ball out. That's why they changed the rule in the first place. 

• You need to be careful what you wish for. I agree they need to tidy this area up but unless you can remember the way football was played prior to the introduction of this rule, be hesitant.

Players tucked the ball up under the arm and made one out runs for fear of being stripped of the ball. This rule has opened the game up
  • Get rid of the wrestle. Adds nothing to the game as a spectacle
    • How are you going to do that? What rule would you introduce?
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Wouldn't you have to take the same stance with players. 3 or more errors (dropped balls or forward passes) in a year and you have to sit the rest of the year out of first grade. Might not be a competition come round 3.

Refs will make errors, just like players. Some will be in your team's favour, others against.
  • Yes it should like John Clarke once said about tennis players, "the only time you spoke to the umpire was to enquire about his health." Also set up a yellow/red card system, a red card is 10 in the bin and miss the next week, but it would allow for players acting like a goose to be shown a yellow card to pull their head in. Stuff like arguing with the ref, throwing the ball away, poor sportsmanship. https://youtu.be/43AdWFSXhgs

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
23 minutes ago
MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
6 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
7 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
7 hours ago
More…