Hayne is officially an Eel

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce the signing of Jarryd Hayne for the 2018 season.

Jarryd has today expressed excitement at the prospect of returning to the Club he supported as a child and resuming a relationship with our players, Members and fans.

“As I said yesterday, my decision to return to Sydney wasn’t taken lightly so I am grateful that Brad and the Eels have offered me the opportunity to return to the Club,” Hayne said.

“Eels Members and fans have been behind me throughout my career and I want to use this second chance to repay that faith and support.”

“I look forward to returning to training in early January 2018 and am keen to work hard and play my part for the team in building on last year’s finals run.”

Parramatta Eels CEO Bernie Gurr said that the Club was pleased that one of its most talented local juniors has returned home.

“Jarryd started playing for our Club as a 15 year old, so we are pleased that he now has the opportunity to return and be part of a strong squad and playing culture that Brad Arthur has developed over the past few seasons.” Gurr said.

“From speaking with Jarryd, he is keen to join his teammates in early January and is committed to working with Brad and our players to build on our excellent 2017 season. Jarryd’s abilities will strengthen our 2018 player roster and we look forward to again seeing Jarryd in the Blue & Gold”.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I’m very happy, and my mate spanner would be too. This is a good thing.
  • Welcome back home Jarryd.
    Now to put in the work to make the nay sayers and haters eat their words.
  • You beautttyyy!!!
    Welcome back my love!
    The only person who cant cheat on me and ill still take u back
    • Haha I'm a little bit pleased myself... Not very often I get what I want in nrl land. They must've held off showing him the new strip :)
  • January the fat buggar should be training now.
    • hahahahaha

• This is enough to break my off season hiatus.

Welcome home, Jarryd!!
  • I dont want to get my hopes up but shit iam excited.
  • Welcome home lad

• So is it a 1 year deal
    Also am I a hypocrite for loving him again now that he is back
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
1 hour ago
MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
7 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
8 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
8 hours ago
More…