guth

When norman comes back where does guth go. Seems if uou put him in the front row he'd find a way to get the job done, seriously though he needs to be in the spine but where? Fullback? Half? 5/8? Lock? Hooker? Utilty bench player? Where should he play?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I beleive they will have French and Guth change posiitions within the game as Gordon and Holmes did at sharks
    • French already does that with Semi
    • and Minichello and RTS
  • Guth 100 % goes to centre on the right edge, I'm not sure why everyone keeps discussing it it's a certainty. For the betterment of the side our right edge defence needs reinforcing and with Guth his reads are spot on, the problem is our injuries aren't allowing us to form the relevant defensive combinations required. Hoffmans copped a bagging on here but he's been let down defensively by both Taka and Avua. Takas lateral movement is shot it's time he plays on the edges. Hoffman , Gutho will form a handy partnership injury permitting.
    • Spot on Bup.

• I keep changing my mind Bup. I understand at right centre he bolsters our dreadful right side defence but will that hinder is ability to run from dummy half on Semi"s side where he has set up Semi so well over recent weeks? Fullback, swapping with Bevan on the wing, still allows him a roving commission to run from dummy half at any time at any place on the field. Taka, Aav"a and Hoffman all seem to have difficulty reading defence. Are we needing another right centre? Always enjoy reading your detailed thoughts

• Makes sense but gutho appears to be better on the left.
    • BA encourages Semi, French and Guth to roam Tragic as long as basic structure is adhered to BA has no problems with players playing what they see. In an era of heavily structured , block running attacks it's the teams with attacking variety that will win premierships in the short term. Poppa brought up Guthos dummy half running last night and he's right he's brilliant when he gets in there. I don't believe playing centre will have a negative impact on this part of his game though. The more he gets the ball isolating defenders the better he'll be it's why I'm looking forward to Normz coming back. I sense our for and against is about to improve out of sight.
    • Always making sense BUP.
  • F/back for me and give French a floating role on the wing.

Best player for PARRA this year hands down.

So glad they told the Tigers where to go when they came knocking.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"Well if the kid needed 4 or 5 years to force himself into the NRL squad I guess he's going to be pretty shit anyways.  Yah diiig.... but since I actually agreed with you , I guess that makes us both idiots there , young Micko . "
1 minute ago
Mitchy replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Thanks HOE;  i want a win like 99% of us; but cannot see us lifting enough. I have not seen the consistency in the team for a while TBH and lets be honest here, even the GF year we lost, the team was at times inconsistent. I keep saying it that we…"
3 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Looks like Flannos back to being a Neville again with BA. "
3 minutes ago
HKF replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"The lack of footy knowledge on either board, more particularly the football club board is holding this club back if not actually dragging it further down. 
The fact we can't develop anywhere near enough first graders through our vast junior system…"
5 minutes ago
More…